VFL 2024 VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He's been the one getting first possession mostly and at times following that up. Still goes sideways and back too much for my liking. One example, there was a moment in the 2nd qtr where he received a handball running towards our attacking half yet decided to handball 5m backwards. Was under pressure but still would've been much better trying to take the game forward. Would like to see him take the game on a lot more.
This and the lack of penetration in his kicking is the thing about his game that I find really perplexing. I have to wonder if this conservative team first style is him player to instruction.

Because although he''s racking them up. I haven't seen much of the attacking game that had us so excited during the pre-season games.

This and the lack of penetration in his kicking is the thing about his game that I find really perplexing. I have to wonder if this conservative team first style is him player to instruction.

Because although he''s racking them up. I haven't seen much of the attacking game that had us so excited during the pre-season games.
I think he is tracking in the right direction, he has had a few aggressive plays today but the last few weeks when he had Macrea beside him being the main extractor he looked much more dangerous.

I think he is tracking in the right direction, he has had a few aggressive plays today but the last few weeks when he had Macrea beside him being the main extractor he looked much more dangerous.
Dont get me wrong. I think he'll be fine and given the form of the side overall. Im ok with him and Busslinger in particular being allowed to slowly marinate at Footscray.

I just find the contrast between his arrival at the club and the style of game he plays now to be a bit odd.

I wonder if umpires get fed up with players indicating they are shooting for goal when they are just trying to take extra time off the clock late in the game? They often end up just passing to a loose player. It seems to be exploiting the rules and not consistent with fair play.

Much as I dislike tinkering with the rules I wouldn't be opposed to a player being forced to kick for goal if he says he is taking a shot. Then if he passes it sideways after 29 seconds it should be a free kick against. It would be harder to disguise a sneaky pass than the many kicks, paddles and handballs trying to find the boundary line that we see every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately Clarke will be delisted as he’s shown he’s not up to AFL level, but Ham Baloney can play!

Can we do a straight small forward swap?

Unfortunately Clarke will be delisted as he’s shown he’s not up to AFL level, but Ham Baloney can play!

One game does not indicate you are not at AFL standard

Very harsh on Chook. He likely gets another year. To be averaging 15 touches and over a goal a game plus 4.5 tackles in just his second year is nothing to be sneezed at.

Plenty said he wasn't up to it, would never get his tank up to afl standards, couldn't provide anything defensively etc.
He played 3 AFL games in his first year and 16 in his second, kicking 29 goals across that period. Compares pretty well with Chook's half game in the same period.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back