VFL 2024 VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I imagine Scott comes straight back in and hopefully West is free to play.
Why? Are we challenging the week he was given by MRP? (I haven't caught up on all today's news yet)

We almost never challenge. And when we do we almost never win. (Boy's Club Rules)

Why? Are we challenging the week he was given by MRP? (I haven't caught up on all today's news yet)

We almost never challenge. And when we do we almost never win. (Boy's Club Rules)
I posted the exact same thing on another thread. Nothing yet about Wether we challenge but I feel we should and have a good case if we do. However as you say it's a rare thing for us to challenge (verdict was redpath was the last challenge) and hasn't gone well for us although the cost of challenging is now only financial not the risk of a longer suspension.

Account? Do you mean Craig-Peters? Then yes, he actually designed our Doug Nichols round jumper like last year or the year before.

Looks good playing rugby too!

Is he still cat b rookie eligible? Pretty sure they can be added to the list at any stage.
Sadly not
his draft year was a few years ago so he has to enter via the National Draft now

one rumbling conversation i keep seeing is clubs talking about expanding their players list.

Ideally, the smartest way to ensure quicker access to talent is when the National Ressie comp comes in.

Clubs can pre-list their National Ressie players as Cat B players so they can fill in injuries without having to go to the MSD.
This allows for more top-tier players entering the compo to keep the league more competitive since they know they can join an AFL team throughout the season.

Feel like that would also help with FS/NA/NGA that get overlooked in their draft year

Clubs can pre-list their National Ressie players as Cat B players so they can fill in injuries without having to go to the MSD
So essentially the NBA/NHL system of two-way contracts? (Though more the NHL system as the NBA system tends to allow their players to play many NBA games anyway).

Seems sensible, once they work through any potential headaches (what happens if a top-up player is doing full-time uni and gets called up a couple of weeks before their exam?)

one rumbling conversation i keep seeing is clubs talking about expanding their players list.

Ideally, the smartest way to ensure quicker access to talent is when the National Ressie comp comes in.

Clubs can pre-list their National Ressie players as Cat B players so they can fill in injuries without having to go to the MSD.
This allows for more top-tier players entering the compo to keep the league more competitive since they know they can join an AFL team throughout the season.

Feel like that would also help with FS/NA/NGA that get overlooked in their draft year
What are the arguments for why list sizes need to expand?

Unrelated on Category B players, I read Cody Raak was BOG last week for North Adelaide (for his team at least) with 29 touches and 12 marks. It was the right decision to move him on with Buku and Cleary still on the list and Coffield joining, but still like to see him doing well even if there was some drama with him leaving.

Last edited:
Hypothetical.

If Buss played seniors against the Lions on Friday, what would our backline in the VFL look like? Jones, Keath and JOD are also playing seniors.

Additionally, how many games can we afford to drop in VFL before it adversely affects a top 4 finish (in the VFL)?

Hypothetical.

If Buss played seniors against the Lions on Friday, what would our backline in the VFL look like? Jones, Keath and JOD are also playing seniors.

Additionally, how many games can we afford to drop in VFL before it adversely affects a top 4 finish (in the VFL)?
being two games clear atm, i would say dropping 3 games at the max

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole club just needs to attack the next 2 weeks and do whatever they can to get to the bye with 4 wins. Reinforcements in the form of Naughton, Weightman, Darcy & Harmes will be much needed.
If you're talking about 4 wins in the seniors and the AFL bye, and I presume you are, then I agree. To borrow a line from that exalted and revered figure of the game, James Hird, whatever it takes.

VFL Team | Round 11

Footscray Bulldogs v Brisbane Lions
Friday 7 June, 3:05pm AEST
Mission Whitten Oval

B: Orgill, L. Smith, Craig-Peters
HB:
Scott, Croft, A. Jones
C:
Clarke, Spicer, Rypstra
HF:
Kellett, Cleary, Hargraves
F:
Bianco, Bade, Poulter
R:
Busslinger, Baker, Gilbee
IC:
Willoughby, Hunt, Crofts, Lewis, Watson
EMG:
Dahms, Stretton, C. Smith, McRae

In: Scott, Rypstra, Bade, Hargraves
Out: Khamis (AFL), Bedendo (injured), Dahms, Stretton

Wonder what Bedendo’s mystery injury is?

Good to have a look at Kelsey as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I haven't been to the VFL in a few years and I plan on going today if life permits.

I was just wondering for those who do attend VFL games, does my AFL membership give me access or is there a VFL membership? I can't seem to find much information on the Western Bulldogs website.

I also noticed I could buy a ticket but the link takes me to round 20 Vs Cobourg... So my other question is, how much are tickets if my membership doesn't get me into the game?

Thanks!

I haven't been to the VFL in a few years and I plan on going today if life permits.

I was just wondering for those who do attend VFL games, does my AFL membership give me access or is there a VFL membership? I can't seem to find much information on the Western Bulldogs website.

I also noticed I could buy a ticket but the link takes me to round 20 Vs Cobourg... So my other question is, how much are tickets if my membership doesn't get me into the game?

Thanks!
AFL membership gets you half price tickets

10 dollars are the normal price tickets

Has Robertson been hurt?
Shocked he is playing VFL when clubs offered him big money last year

Played two AFL games this year and got dropped to the VFL on form, two games played there and then injured for a bit over a month. This is his third game back I think

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back