VFL 2024 VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think that Jones is a forward but he was really impactful up the ground especially during that last term. He has another year on his contract so I would be training him as a HBF next preseason.

Ground out a strong win to keep our top 4 chances alive.
Best: Garcia (say no more), Scott (worked hard all over the ground for his 35 disposals), Daniel (was like a terrier in the clinches), Baker (strong on the wing), Busslinger (opponents kicked a few on the lead but not much he could do about them), Clarke (more involved and pushed hard up the ground).
Jones did a few very classy moves and needs to keep building on those.
Hopefully, L Young, L Young and Hayes enjoyed their return to their old stomping ground - not.

I still don’t think it’s personal with Garcia…..do people really think Bevo would name him on 360 and the alleged issue with confidence after ump calls not going his way if it was about punish8ng him for touring the Cats facilities?

He’s gone back to the VFL, as West and many of our greats before have done and has Ben regaining that confidence.

He’s bashing the door down now and the guys in the team need to be on their game or he gets back in. Hard to make changes to a team that just took down the Blues, especially when we have to find room for Naughton, Adz and possibly JOD or Keath - can argue that Gallagher needs to go out, McNeill was better but still missed an absolute sitter. Has Sanders set the world on fire? It’s all about getting games into these kids quickly

Garcia was very good , certainly better than VFL level. At times a bit messy with disposal.

I can see Smith having problems at AFL level , giving away height today found him out.
Not much in the way of jump either. He will need to work on a few tricks to help off set those deficiencies.
He is a competitor!

I think Jones is worth persevering with. Another pre season and more maturity, he is still a chance.

Not sure about Clarke, not a lot of physical attributes.

Buss does most things ok , but can see why he still playing VFL.

I still don’t think it’s personal with Garcia…..do people really think Bevo would name him on 360 and the alleged issue with confidence after ump calls not going his way if it was about punish8ng him for touring the Cats facilities?

He’s gone back to the VFL, as West and many of our greats before have done and has Ben regaining that confidence.

He’s bashing the door down now and the guys in the team need to be on their game or he gets back in. Hard to make changes to a team that just took down the Blues, especially when we have to find room for Naughton, Adz and possibly JOD or Keath - can argue that Gallagher needs to go out, McNeill was better but still missed an absolute sitter. Has Sanders set the world on fire? It’s all about getting games into these kids quickly

Gallagher has been poor. It should be an easy call given it’s either find a place for Garcia now or lose him for not much in the trade period.

I don't think that Jones is a forward but he was really impactful up the ground especially during that last term. He has another year on his contract so I would be training him as a HBF next preseason.

He was a winger in his draft year in the mold of Brad Hill, that’s where I thought he’d play long term but we haven’t given him much exposure there.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back