Women's Footy 2024 Week 8 Blues well beaten by Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Our list lacks athleticism and polish. We draft for grunt but seem to be drafting a lot of low ceiling type players. We’re good in the contest and have a lot of hard workers but we lack height, athleticism, and polish to move the ball. Pretty critical of our list management mainly.

We need a pretty big clean out again IMO. Our percentage being so woeful is a big indication of our talent levels just not matching other teams.

I refuse to believe that we have the right coach.

We’ve only got 5 or 6 players who would get a game at the top sides.

It’s a half decade fix at best.

The dogs are bad and had scored 170 points in 8 games leading into tonight, where we allowed them to score 61

I really want the aflw to succeed, but I have no desire to watch our girls, every time I do I am so frustrated with the lack of improvement.

It’s night and day watching north/Brisbane vs watching us

I refuse to believe that we have the right coach.

We’ve only got 5 or 6 players who would get a game at the top sides.

It’s a half decade fix at best.

The dogs are bad and had scored 170 points in 8 games leading into tonight, where we allowed them to score 61

I really want the aflw to succeed, but I have no desire to watch our girls, every time I do I am so frustrated with the lack of improvement.

It’s night and day watching north/Brisbane vs watching us

The spray didn’t work. A young list so next year to judge imo.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sherar
Skepper
Guerin
Hill
McKay
Austin
Brown
Duursma
Robertson
Keck

It's a reasonable group of young players who are already decent, or will be decent IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does someone want to start and run these AFLW game day threads for the rest of the season? I cut my Kayo off for the summer and it is due to run out in a day or so. I won't be watching the games live.

If you haven’t had any other volunteers, I’m happy to do this!

Still got a bit of Supercars and AFLW to go (amongst other things) so my Kayo remains active.

If you haven’t had any other volunteers, I’m happy to do this!

Still got a bit of Supercars and AFLW to go (amongst other things) so my Kayo remains active.

The job is yours. Cheers

The inconsistency is frustrating. We looked much better against Geelong and Freo but haven’t been able to do it the following week.

Have a decent break before the Pies next Sunday so hopefully that helps and allows the likes of Kez and Darcy to recover.

Not a great effort by the girls, skills really hurt us.

I know there has been a lot of commentary about the fixturing but to have a team that played the last game on Saturday in WA have to back it up on a Thursday night is ridiculous.

They were off all night. Bulldogs had energy and effort to burn and we looked flat and lethargic. We have players getting games who don’t deserve it based on form. Our midfield is our strong point yet we play Hill in the backline and Brie Moody as a forward. We’d be getting a lot more ball going forward if those two spent more time around the contest. Extremely frustrating to play like we did last night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Women's Footy 2024 Week 8 Blues well beaten by Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back