List Mgmt. 2024 Young Talent Time (Drafting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bo Allan helped Peel Thunder to a WAFL flag to sign off his season in style. Playing mostly through the middle and rocking the frosted tips, Allan was a big part of a relentless, swarming defensive effort from Peel, ending the game with 6 tackles to his name. He wasn't as prolific at finding the footy, especially outside the contest, which has been the one question mark hovering over his senior WAFL performances for Peel. Recruiters will be grappling with whether they believe he has the natural footy IQ needed to pair with his elite physical attributes in order to develop into a dominant midfielder in time.

Bo Allan helped Peel Thunder to a WAFL flag to sign off his season in style. Playing mostly through the middle and rocking the frosted tips, Allan was a big part of a relentless, swarming defensive effort from Peel, ending the game with 6 tackles to his name. He wasn't as prolific at finding the footy, especially outside the contest, which has been the one question mark hovering over his senior WAFL performances for Peel. Recruiters will be grappling with whether they believe he has the natural footy IQ needed to pair with his elite physical attributes in order to develop into a dominant midfielder in time.

I was there and I felt thus game was a good snapshot of my biggest concerns. His attack, size, speed and intent is fantastic but I feel like his disposal is a big enough concern that he should be falling to around 20 when you consider the other talent around his ranking.

Give the power he has, maybe he legit will be like a Danger where it's not a big issue but I don't know, seems a big risk.

I was there and I felt thus game was a good snapshot of my biggest concerns. His attack, size, speed and intent is fantastic but I feel like his disposal is a big enough concern that he should be falling to around 20 when you consider the other talent around his ranking.

Give the power he has, maybe he legit will be like a Danger where it's not a big issue but I don't know, seems a big risk.
I think disposal was one of the main reasons Chad Warner went as low as he did

I think that’s the risk with those types with iffy disposal but huge explosiveness.
But for every danger and Warner, there’s dozens that don’t have that explosive pace or just are not that good.

I guess it’s up to the recruiters to find them and judge will they be like that from their u18 performances

I think that’s the risk with those types with iffy disposal but huge explosiveness.
But for every danger and Warner, there’s dozens that don’t have that explosive pace or just are not that good.

I guess it’s up to the recruiters to find them and judge will they be like that from their u18 performances
Yep you have to back in your system to improve it. It’s a lot easier to fix disposal than to make someone more explosive in a football power/speed sense

Yeah, lack of finesse and kicking penetration is mentioned on the rookieme profile. But it also mentiones explosiveness and speed as weaknesses. Compares him to Jack Redden. Seems so weird after watching him. Either he has improved his junior weaknesses out of sight after being drafted, or the draft watchers weren't watching close enough.

Don't think it was a genius pick by Sydney. They just got super lucky. They picked Stephens, Gould and Taylor before Warner. All genuine duds. Hard to do in a superdraft. Sydney recruiters had no idea that year and was a pure fluke with Warner.

Chad Warner worked hard on Chad Warner and Sydney benefited.

Out of curiosity what do you value our 2025 first round pick at, if it doesn’t equate?

But an F1 is probably the same value as pick 10!!!

I think a lot of people are allowing their impatience get the better of them when co side g the value of a future first rounder.

Remember this time last year we actively turned down pick 19 from the pies (their pick) in favour of their future first which has turned out to be pick 10.

Would you guys have said last October that pick 10 this year is worth more or less than pick 19 last year?

Future seconds and thirds are slightly different as they are more affected by buds and easier to obtain.

In my view future firsts are some of the most undervalued currency in AFL trading.
With the addition of Bolton and the natural progression associated with a young side I wouldn't value it as the same as this year. We are more likely to finish higher than lower.

In addition, the known standard of this year's draft prospects provides a certainty which also adds value.

Somewhere around pick 16+

The bull inside mids seem to always go later than the smooth mover mids. Danger, Cripps and Fyfe all in the 10-20 range, although Fyfe wasn't a Bull as a junior.

With the addition of Bolton and the natural progression associated with a young side I wouldn't value it as the same as this year. We are more likely to finish higher than lower.

In addition, the known standard of this year's draft prospects provides a certainty which also adds value.

Somewhere around pick 16+
I’d imagine every club would have a projected value for every other clubs first round pick in 2025.
We should have a board from 1-18 ranking where we think each club will finish in 2025 based on the best unbiased information we have available to us.

I would suggest most club overvalue their own picks in the following year. There is at least 14 clubs that are convinced they will be top 8 next year and benefit from natural progression and a good injury run. Collingwood an excellent case in point from last year.

The real value of our future first is the opportunity cost of using it though.

If we were to use it I think we are out of the Chad Warner picture in 2025. Snuffaluphagus has already made this point.

For that reason alone, I think it’s worth a lot more to us than the nominal value attached to it (16 in your case, I’m personally a little less optimistic but think maybe pick 13 is a good bet for our F1 future actual value).

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Young Talent Time (Drafting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back