List Mgmt. 2024 Young Talent Time (Drafting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully we are targeting small forwards with #14? Maybe Berry/Hannaford in that range.. like the look of Jobe Shanahan too but not sure he's a great fit with Amiss/Treacy holding down the key posts

I hope we are not silly enough to even think about doing that. WC would let us keep him.

Yep they happily traded their two picks in the 60s to Carlton and now have no picks between 26 and 70.

I’m sure the previous poster was taking the piss anyway but Pick 26 is a better player on paper than Champion is. The issue we had with Liam Henry is that the player we would’ve got wouldn’t have been rated nearly as high as Liam Henry was.

There’s simply no way West Coast match until they use that Pick 26 but I reckon them trading away their picks in the 60s means they think he’ll last a lot longer than that.

Yep they happily traded their two picks in the 60s to Carlton and now have no picks between 26 and 70.

I’m sure the previous poster was taking the piss anyway but Pick 26 is a better player on paper than Champion is. The issue we had with Liam Henry is that the player we would’ve got wouldn’t have been rated nearly as high as Liam Henry was.

There’s simply no way West Coast match until they use that Pick 26 but I reckon them trading away their picks in the 60s means they think he’ll last a lot longer than that.
Totally taking the piss. Just day dreaming of making life difficult for WC. 🤓

Hopefully we are targeting small forwards with #14? Maybe Berry/Hannaford in that range.. like the look of Jobe Shanahan too but not sure he's a great fit with Amiss/Treacy holding down the key posts
Im a member of Rookie Centrals Facebook group which a ton of discussion on draftees including posts on which players are attracting interest from clubs. We're one of the teams that have interviewed Shanahan the most. (We've also done the same with Berry)
It makes more sense than you might think. He's an elite kick and very mobile but he fits into our team structure too.
ts been mentioned by more than a few freo coaching staff that Luke Jackson's best position could end up being as a big midfielder. Judging by his cameos in 2023 I agree. If he played time onball he could still be the second ruck and rotate forward only when anter tall forward is on the bench.

Im a member of Rookie Centrals Facebook group which a ton of discussion on draftees including posts on which players are attracting interest from clubs. We're one of the teams that have interviewed Shanahan the most. (We've also done the same with Berry)
It makes more sense than you might think. He's an elite kick and very mobile but he fits into our team structure too.
ts been mentioned by more than a few freo coaching staff that Luke Jackson's best position could end up being as a big midfielder. Judging by his cameos in 2023 I agree. If he played time onball he could still be the second ruck and rotate forward only when anter tall forward is on the bench.
Suspect Jackson was carrying something in the later part of the year as he wasn't having the impact he usually would - I'm on board with the midfielder idea as the ruck is likely to batter him even more over time. Imagine we go best available in the draft as seems to be the usual way, if Shanahan is the pick happy to back the recruiters.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Young Talent Time (Drafting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back