List Mgmt. 2024 Young Talent Time (Drafting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure how those 3 draftees will solve our wing issue. I.agree our wings aren't the strongest.

I'd like Berry for his defensive forward pressure and ability to kick goals
I really enjoy the draft, but don't claim to be a expert on it. From what I can Gather Lindsay plays as an outside/Balanced Mid, He was also named all Australian U18 on the Wing.

I also have a sense the quality drops off this year after around the top 20. If we can't take a high quality prospect who would strengthen our depth in the two clear weaknesses to our list I'd probably rather see the Pick 14 be pushed into next year and used as collateral for potential trades for Kozzy or Chad.

It's probably unlikely any of those three would become solid regular contributors next year but it's also a little unlikely next year is the year we push all the way for the flag. (Not saying it's impossible).

I think this list build is starting to reach a critical stage where we really have just about everything we need and there is more benefit to playing the same 25-26 together as often as possible while adding clear top 10 list quality talent through trade as they come available. I feel another quality Winger is the main thing we are missing apart from a mercurial mid sized fwd, and we just got one of those.

I have to say I really like Allan and if we bring him in I look forward to watching him developing. But I feel like we have enough on ball size coming through and want opportunity to go to Erasmus and Johnson.

I like the skills and abilities to play multiple positions that Berry, Travaglia, Hannaford and Davis show.

Travaglia if he gets to us may directly resolve any wing issues we have in time, or he may release Chapman.

Some KPPs getting jumped on early will be a big positive for our options.

The great thing about pick 14 is it really looks like it’s close to where the consensus top end talent starts to drop off.

I think we’ll be delighted by who we end up with.

Assuming Smith, O’Sullivan, Draper, Smillie & Lalor are off the board.

You’d assume a couple of key position players are going to go off the board thinking Armstrong & Tauru.

It’s then just take your pick from who is left from….

Lindsay
Travaglia
Trainor
Hotton
Langford
Berry
Allan
Shanahan
Reid

You could honestly make a case for any of these kids.

Cal’s phantom draft will be fascinating

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Young Talent Time (Drafting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back