Preview 2025 Best 22 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

We were talking about how players contributed to our run in 2012-2015 and possibly talking about the top three players across the competition in KPFs (Pavlich), KPDs (McPharlin), rucks (Sandilands) and midfielders (Fyfe). I don’t think this underrating Mundy at all and I don’t this those capable of taking off those purple glasses would disagree with me.

Counterpoint to that is that Mundy is the only one out of that group that actually plays full seasons over that peak period of 2012-15.

Fyfe misses most of 2012, Sandilands most of 2012 and 2013. Pavlich misses most of 2013. McPharlin only plays in one year of finals (2013).

Mundy is the best player for Freo in the 2013 GF.

Counterpoint to that is that Mundy is the only one out of that group that actually plays full seasons over that peak period of 2012-15.

Fyfe misses most of 2012, Sandilands most of 2012 and 2013. Pavlich misses most of 2013. McPharlin only plays in one year of finals (2013).

Mundy is the best player for Freo in the 2013 GF.

Sort of goes with my point though. Part of reason Mundy was so good was how consistently good he was.

But there’s a reason Pavlich and Sandilands have so many All Australians. They were so good compared to others that played their roles that Vic Bias couldn’t rob them. Fyfe won two Brownlows and probably wins a third if not for a BS suspension in 2014.

If you want to see a player underrated on the east coast look no further than McPharlin. I don’t think there was a better KPD in the 5-6 years he was at his best. Our record in finals with vs without him speaks for itself.

My best 22 plus sub

Ryan Pearce Walker
Clark Cox Chapman
Sharp Young NOD
Freddy Tracey Bolton
Sturt Amiss Jackson

Ruck Darcey Brayshaw Serong
Int Switta Wagner Johnson Erasmus
Sub Aish

Pace and skills personified

Emg Simpson Reidy Fyfe

My best 22 plus sub

Ryan Pearce Walker
Clark Cox Chapman
Sharp Young NOD
Freddy Tracey Bolton
Sturt Amiss Jackson

Ruck Darcey Brayshaw Serong
Int Switta Wagner Johnson Erasmus
Sub Aish

Pace and skills personified

Emg Simpson Reidy Fyfe
Controversial with the sub
Will be interesting to see if Aish can force his way into contention or not. Won't be easy. Very versatile player

B- B.Walker B.Cox L.Ryan
HB- J.Clark A.Pearce H.Chapman
C- J.Sharp H.Young N.O’Driscoll
HF- S.Bolton J.Treacy S.Switkowski
F. S.Sturt J.Amiss M.Fredrick
FOLL- S.Darcy A.Brayshaw C.Serong
I/C- L.Jackson, M.Johnson, N.Erasmus, J.Aish, C.Simpson

Emerg- Wagner, Draper, Voss, Brodie

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2025 Best 22 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back