Prediction Round 22 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Just quietly how many times have we been pinged for that this year?!

Sharp a couple times, Sturt, Erasmus and someone else I can't remember.
I barely remember it ever occurring before this year.
It’s bullshit, sure they were all technically there but I regularly watch players from every team run too far and no call.

Warner ran about 30m in the Swans game in the last quarter against us, Sharp was even appealing for it but crickets.

I suppose there is some chance Voss can replicate or come close to the goal output and contest inside 50.. who on earth is going to replicate treacys link up play?
Jackson needs to provide that and it's better for Amiss to drag his opponent out of the goal square, let Voss be the FF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s bullshit, sure they were all technically there but I regularly watch players from every team run too far and no call.

Warner ran about 30m in the Swans game in the last quarter against us, Sharp was even appealing for it but crickets.
Definitely feels like one of those “technically correct” but only ever called against Freo players rules. I cringe whenever we called for a throw when players like Cripps throw the whole game and never get pinged for it.

Just quietly how many times have we been pinged for that this year?!

Sharp a couple times, Sturt, Erasmus and someone else I can't remember.
I barely remember it ever occurring before this year.
Think it must be somewhere in the instructions to keep pushing and look for the forward handball.

I've been internally screaming 'bounce the bastard' when they get to the ~10m mark. Have all been there tbh, but yeh some get called and most aren't, short end of the stick. Really shouldn't be hard to bounce(or touch down lol) whilst still assessing options, quite a few have been in a bit of space

I suppose there is some chance Voss can replicate or come close to the goal output and contest inside 50.. who on earth is going to replicate treacys link up play?
Voss' goal kicking attempts should only be done from the left side of goals. At least he's 40% from there, compared to 12.5% from the right. Chalk and cheese with Treacy's goal accuracy.

Voss needs another string to his bow. In fact the team needs him to be more than just a forward, especially given his shonky kicking technique.

Tabs will kick accurately from his 3 shots on goal (from 6 possessions)

Voss will kick probably less accurately from his 4 shots (from 10 possessions). He'll also play with a lot greater energy without the ball

Not sure we’ve really noticed Wagner’s lack of defensive ability tbh.

I’m convinced Worner is just warming the seat so we can ease Walters back in as the sub next week or the week after. Aish has probably played one game of time over three weeks and hasn’t looked great doing it - I think he’ll be back again this year.

Would’ve been nice to give NOD a taste so that if he’s needed during finals (which basically starts now for us) it’s not his first AFL game in like 18 months. Reckon he’s first in if anything happens to JOM (probably) or Sharp (almost definitely) tbh.
You sure? We're the fourth worst team for defending clearance. Obviously they all play a part in that and missing Moose has left our defense scrambling a bit. But, the stats say we're not going great. We're good at defending turnover when the whole team plays a role in defense.

It's why Moose coming back will completely change the team because we're third best from scoring from our defensive half. More turnovers, more goals.

Also, it's clearly a robbing Peter to pay Paul situation. We're playing Walker, Wagner, Clark, and Chapman who all improve our offence. We're also going for Draper over Davies where Davies is likely a better defensive player but no where near as good on the rebound.

The amazing thing with Pearce is he's elite at both defensive 1 on 1s and turning defense into attack.

Anyway, just thought it was interesting that we're favouring selecting players that improve our scores from turnover at the expense of conceding scores from stoppage. It very much aligns with us being a dominant stoppage team.

Last edited:
Worner definitely deserves a shot , very consistent organiser down back for Peel and he was looking good early in the year before he got poleaxed putting his head in the hole like he always does

He’s cleaned his kicking up nicely but I think it’s just if he’s athletic enough for the AFL these days , touch underside and a touch under speed perhaps

Think he makes a few eat their words this week

Worner should start and Chappy should be sub

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 22 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back