Walker Pearce Ryan
Clark Cox Wagner
Johnson Brayshaw Sharp
Darcy Serong Young
Switta Treacy JOM
Bolton Amiss Jackson

Fyfe, Freddy, Chapman, Sturt
NOD
-Switta, JOM and Johnson all giving mid rotations.
-Backline with great balance for intercept, lockdown and rebound
-Forward line almost our biggest strength with height, speed and goal nous (Is this real life?)

Contentious points we are all likely to debate over preseason:

Fyfe - I want to point out that last year was Fyfes first full season in god knows how long where he basically had to figure out what his body was capable of again. I’m genuinely expecting to see an improvement from him in his influence on games. If he gets through pre season*. 100% will be picked because he is a champion are we aren’t the kind of club to be ruthless (rightly or wrongly).
Walters- Unlike Fyfe he is just without doubt too slow on the burst and too weak in contests to be playing 1s, love him but it’s clear as day Father Time has got him. Leadership could be crucial for Simpson, Delean and hopefully Berry/Hanneford at Peel.
JOM- will start in JLs rd1 lineup. We locked in on playing extra mids throughout the year to give better rotation and he is flexible and clean with the footy to play half fwd and wing.
NOD- great impact as sub but definitely needs more development time on ball and can see him in and out regularly over Johnson who has more runs on the board.
Bolton- not contentious at all I just still can’t believe I am writing his name into our best 23 predictions 🤩 how good!

Fyfe, JOM, Johnson, Chapman, Sturt, NOD and Wagner are really the only players up for debate at match committee over the year. Will be pushed by Erasmus, Worner, Draper, Walters, Simpson and Brodie.

Didn't read the T&Cs :p
Clearly some opinion coming across as fact, a best 22 discussion can be either - what we want, or what we think will be rolled out.

Additionally, it's a little like Emmett last year, but flashes or attributes (or 2 games!) doesn't mean a player will be a good consistent contributor to the team.
I personally think Simpson has shown very little to be included in any best 22 yet.

thats a crazy perdicton as dockers best record is 4 years in a row under Ross Lyon from 2012 to 2015.

If dockers finish 9th or 10th next season, Longmuir is likely to be sacked and we either get a good experienced coach in or a Assistant coach from victoria.

I know what our best record is. We are going to surpass it.

The team Ross inherited was talented but older. This team is talented and younger.

I’m all in on the decade of dominance. Not sure if JL is the man to do it with. Certain that we have the players and pieces required.

JLs 23

Walker Pearce Ryan
Clark Cox Wagner
Johnson Brayshaw Sharp
Darcy Serong Young
Switta Treacy JOM
Bolton Amiss Jackson

Fyfe, Freddy, Chapman, Sturt
NOD
-Switta, JOM and Johnson all giving mid rotations.
-Backline with great balance for intercept, lockdown and rebound
-Forward line almost our biggest strength with height, speed and goal nous (Is this real life?)

Contentious points we are all likely to debate over preseason:

Fyfe - I want to point out that last year was Fyfes first full season in god knows how long where he basically had to figure out what his body was capable of again. I’m genuinely expecting to see an improvement from him in his influence on games. If he gets through pre season*. 100% will be picked because he is a champion are we aren’t the kind of club to be ruthless (rightly or wrongly).
Walters- Unlike Fyfe he is just without doubt too slow on the burst and too weak in contests to be playing 1s, love him but it’s clear as day Father Time has got him. Leadership could be crucial for Simpson, Delean and hopefully Berry/Hanneford at Peel.
JOM- will start in JLs rd1 lineup. We locked in on playing extra mids throughout the year to give better rotation and he is flexible and clean with the footy to play half fwd and wing.
NOD- great impact as sub but definitely needs more development time on ball and can see him in and out regularly over Johnson who has more runs on the board.
Bolton- not contentious at all I just still can’t believe I am writing his name into our best 23 predictions 🤩 how good!

Fyfe, JOM, Johnson, Chapman, Sturt, NOD and Wagner are really the only players up for debate at match committee over the year. Will be pushed by Erasmus, Worner, Draper, Walters, Simpson and Brodie.

I don’t think Chappy will come close to losing his spot in the team. Who is going to replace him? We don’t have a player like him and other than Clark is by far our most skilled backman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2025 Best 22 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back