Preview 2025 Best 22 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

1000000066.jpg

Fox Footy once again proving they don't watch or have a clue about Fremantle, they reckon Taberner and Hughes are key outs when neither of them were Best 23, I doubt Draper makes it into the Best 23 unless one of Cox or Pearce gets injured, plus these pundits all continue to underrate Sturt.

Don't get me started on Fyfe, O'Meara and Walters being considered "Best 23" either. Unless they're the sub, none of them are in our Best 23 now in my opinion.

I don’t think Chappy will come close to losing his spot in the team. Who is going to replace him? We don’t have a player like him and other than Clark is by far our most skilled backman.
While I do love him and his potential, he did not have a great year last year at all. He is building up a bit of an injury history and I don't think he should be given an automatic spot.
He was a bit of a liability defensively most of last year in contests, did not intercept well and didn't rebound either, just all in all a poor year.
I think half back is his spot to make but if I was the coaching group I would be putting some pressure on him, a bit like they did with Johnson during the year.
Gotta reiterate I am all aboard on him and think he has every bit of 'it' but just don't want it handed to him without being made to work.

Given I've been so critical of Freddy's 2024 season, and also acknowledging he's not a high stats player, I thought I might check some anyway.

Ave disposals - 26th in team
Effective disposals - 26th
Disposal efficiency - 31st
Ave tackles - =24th
Ave tackles inside 50 - 10th (behind Voss, Amiss, Tabs, Walters, Treacy and others.
Goal assists Ave - 9th
Score involvements Ave - 13th!
Supercoach - 25th
Dream team - 25th

I'm sticking with my opinion that he's borderline best 22. This is a guy who finished top 10 in the Doig in 2023. Needs to be better in 2025 or find a new position because I think I'd favour Bolton and Sturt.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Given I've been so critical of Freddy's 2024 season, and also acknowledging he's not a high stats player, I thought I might check some anyway.

Ave disposals - 26th in team
Effective disposals - 26th
Disposal efficiency - 31st
Ave tackles - =24th
Ave tackles inside 50 - 10th (behind Voss, Amiss, Tabs, Walters, Treacy and others.
Goal assists Ave - 9th
Score involvements Ave - 13th!
Supercoach - 25th
Dream team - 25th

I'm sticking with my opinion that he's borderline best 22. This is a guy who finished top 10 in the Doig in 2023. Needs to be better in 2025 or find a new position because I think I'd favour Bolton and Sturt.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
While semi interesting, team selection wouldn't be based on the old school yard style selection, it'd be all about roles and who could play the desired roles in the best way for the team.

However I agree Freddy had a down year in 2024 and hope to see continued development.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2025 Best 22 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back