2025 Draw - hoping for MUCH softer

Remove this Banner Ad

After being 'looked after' by the VFL thanks to the goalpost saga (and what that means is they gave us good time slots and prime time games - but also the hardest draw possible), I expect us to revert to normal. Thanks to Nicks stupidity and his defensive disaster, we should be kicked back off prime time and will probably end up in the backwater locations again.

As I wrote earlier, forget who and concentrate on where and when.

Yes we need to play:
1 game in WA
1 game in NSW
11 home games
I’d love at least 3 games at the G

Of course we get 1 away game against Port
1 gather round away game at home
So in a perfect world 4 matches at Marvel?

Not sure on my maths, but what I’d like to avoid is
2 x WA
Tassie or Canberra

I don’t mind a Kadinia game
We have to play at least one of GWS or Swans away. I hope it’s Swans

Anyway let’s just start being competitive and finish off games really strongly no matter where we play
Where's the QLD games?

Since Gather Round started we play 13 games in Adelaide. The other ten have had a fairly typical spread across the states.

One in WA,
one in NSW,
one in TAS,
two away games vs. Bris/GC, except in 2023 the GC game was in Darwin,
five in VIC:
two at MCG,
one at the Cattery,
two at Docklands (except in 2023 one that should have been there was in Ballarat.)

Drugs Are Bad Mackay? Scorpus relapse

Hi Gents, it seems another poster perhaps accidentally started another thread on the same issue around the same time this one was created last week. To avoid all posters having to try and keep across both threads for draw related stuff, can they possibly be merged (ie cancel one of them and merge contents or whatever you recommend)

Is it common for posters to send emails like this? Seems a bit unusual
Lot's of passionate fans send the club emails... many complaining, but many more with ideas about all things: list management, coaching short comings, selection etc. You'd be really surprised how many!

Lot's of passionate fans send the club emails... many complaining, but many more with ideas about all things: list management, coaching short comings, selection etc. You'd be really surprised how many!
Thanks Jenny, good to know I am not the only freak then haha. Well perhaps the only one that admits to doing it.

To be honest, started doing it with Trigg and Noble over a decade ago, then progressed through Fagan and crew into the current batch. Justin Reid has been as forthcoming as anyone over the years.

Without exception I have found on all replies received from Execs (the majority of times I email the club but no responses from AFL house) they have been very giving, professional and took any thoughts in a constructive - not defensive - manner.

Remove this Banner Ad

2025 Draw - hoping for MUCH softer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back