Preview R1: Changes for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Fox Footy has assessed all team's 2025 "best" sides.

Ours is unremarkable, with Laird included, of course.
However, there was a very strange comment about Peatling, claiming that he wasn't a need and was very similar to what we already have. I don't see it that way at all.
Lol, pacey midfielder not a need.

Wtf.

Which so called Fox Footy guru made that call.

Steven Rowe ??

Oh sorry you said journo not buffoon
Rowe isn't on Fox Footy.

They usually have decent quality analysis compared to other media outlets.

Lol, pacey midfielder not a need.

Wtf.

Which so called Fox Footy guru made that call.
This is their comment

One of the big winners of the trade period, the Crows have bolstered their squad with key additions — James Peatling, Isaac Cumming and Alex Neal-Bullen — in all three parts of the ground. How Matthew Nicks opts to deploy Cumming will be interesting: do they use him as an interceptor or does he potentially push higher up the ground? Peatling is a good get but doesn’t necessarily fill a need for the Crows, as he’s a similar type to their other midfielders. Given Adelaide’s on-ballers have been criticised for being too one-paced, you’ve got to wonder what it means for the likes of Matt Crouch and Rory Laird

This is their comment

One of the big winners of the trade period, the Crows have bolstered their squad with key additions — James Peatling, Isaac Cumming and Alex Neal-Bullen — in all three parts of the ground. How Matthew Nicks opts to deploy Cumming will be interesting: do they use him as an interceptor or does he potentially push higher up the ground? Peatling is a good get but doesn’t necessarily fill a need for the Crows, as he’s a similar type to their other midfielders. Given Adelaide’s on-ballers have been criticised for being too one-paced, you’ve got to wonder what it means for the likes of Matt Crouch and Rory Laird
So they have contradicted themselves... as they don't realise Peatling is quick player.

Fox Footy has assessed all team's 2025 "best" sides.

Ours is unremarkable, with Laird included, of course.
However, there was a very strange comment about Peatling, claiming that he wasn't a need and was very similar to what we already have. I don't see it that way at all.

Unless this assessment came from someone who knows the players attributes and has studied their games, I dont tend to pay much attention. Ex players and commentators are historically horrendous judges of players and teams.

Bond is an interesting one, he probably doesnt have the game to be a long termer but he hardly put a foot wrong..

That is very generous to Bond. I like Bond but in his handful of games, his opponent was best on ground at least twice.

I think Bond was fantastic in the games he played last year - a new glove for the back pocket.

I don’t remember his opponent being BOG as you claim? Quite the opposite?

I think Bond was fantastic in the games he played last year - a new glove for the back pocket.

I don’t remember his opponent being BOG as you claim? Quite the opposite?
Didn’t they put him on Merrett for quite a bit of time, in his 2nd or 3rd game and he struggled to put the clamps on him?

Which is understandable IMO, Merrett is an absolute gun.

This is their comment

Wow - people get paid to write this rubbish

Peatling has better leg speed than than both Crouch and Laird - what I love is his agility in traffic

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R1: Changes for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back