11. Port Adelaide
12. Melbourne
13. Gold Coast
14. Carlton
15. North Melbourne
16. Essendon
17. West Coast Eagles
18. Richmond

Always interesting to see how the betting agencies set up the next year’s premiership chances, linked of course to where the money is going.

They have Lions as faves to go back to back, which is a general rule for all premiers when the lines of betting open up immediately after the Grand Final, then Hawks and Swans on equal money and so on, as below.

Brisbane
Hawthorn/Sydney
Carlton/GWS
Geelong/WB
Collingwood/Freo
Port
Crows/Melbourne
Essendon/Gold Coast
Saints
North/West Coast
Richmond

I've thoroughly enjoyed watching the Hawks this year as many have but having them at $7 odds is just outrageously bad value. You'd want to see another season like this year's to ever consider jumping on single figure odds for them.

Richmond being $151 is awful too. Should be 501 or more.

Markets without inverse are always so bad.

I've thoroughly enjoyed watching the Hawks this year as many have but having them at $7 odds is just outrageously bad value. You'd want to see another season like this year's to ever consider jumping on single figure odds for them.

Yep agree 7/1 about hawthorn is way unders.

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Having us 13th like you have is almost a bad a take as the betting market. If we were to regress it won't be that badly. We would need to be totally off with system and structure to finish there. Were getting stronger up back, midfield is solid just a power forward short IMO. Could be Lewis backend of the year. Anywhere between 4-10th is where I see us and that's being just off the pace of we finish 10th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having us 13th like you have is almost a bad a take as the betting market. If we were to regress it won't be that badly. We would need to be totally off with system and structure to finish there. Were getting stronger up back, midfield is solid just a power forward short IMO. Could be Lewis backend of the year. Anywhere between 4-10th is where I see us and that's being just off the pace of we finish 10th.

I reckon you guys finish 5th-6th and lose a prelim

I'm surprised a few are getting sucked into the Dogs finishing top 4 again. They just don't do it under Beveridge

There are nomally a few shocks that no one sees coming so just throwing a few in

Fremantle
Brisbane
Geelong
Gold Coast
Hawthorn
GWS
Collingwood
St Kilda

Bulldogs
Sydney
Carlton
Adelaide
Essendon
West Coast
Port Adelaide
North Melbourne
Melbourne
Richmond

I'm surprised a few are getting sucked into the Dogs finishing top 4 again. They just don't do it under Beveridge
This year the Western Bulldogs conceded the fewest points in the league, and their midfield was one of the strongest performing all year. Their big forwards all had good years on top of the likes of Treloar and Jones surpringly having career years at their high ages and Rory Lobb amazingly finding strong form in defence to hold them in stead.

Despite all this, the Bulldogs could only muster a 6th place finish and lost their only final to a significantly less experienced side. How much longer can this side supposedly have untapped potential and when will it be unlocked?

No need to have a tantrum, its shooting piss in the breeze, don't take it so personally.

Every year 2 or 3 go out and 2 or 3 come in, Hawthorn exceeded expectations this year so is it real or was it just an 'everything went right' season? Noone knows. Not everything is linear. Teams could put extra work into them as they aren't flying under a radar any longer. Could they be 'figured out'? I dunno.

If Hawthorn finished 13th I wouldn't be shocked. If they finished 5th I wouldn't be shocked.

1. Fremantle
2. Geelong
3. Western Bulldogs
4. Collingwood
5. Hawthorn
6. Gold Coast
7. Brisbane
8. Port Adelaide
9. St Kilda
10. Sydney
11. Adelaide
12. Carlton