Resource 2025 Membership - it started with an Invoice

Remove this Banner Ad

Kayo doesn't provide enough value to warrant going there again, tbh, not at that price.
If you end your sub at the end of the month you can get a one screen account for 20 bucks a month if you return to Kayo before July 1 next year. I dunno how long it is for but at least a few months.

If you end your sub at the end of the month you can get a one screen account for 20 bucks a month if you return to Kayo before July 1 next year. I dunno how long it is for but at least a few months.
If we keep it until AFLW has finished we’d better not miss that offer. It’s still too much but just acceptable. Bastards.

This is from a Poort member on the board.
l wonder how many other clubs are doing similar things to increase their membership figures.

"As i've stated in the membership thread, they offered me a free 3-game membership a couple of months ago via email.

When i didn't respond they sent me a follow up email congratulating me for joining "the Port Adelaide family" and added my name to the season's membership figure.

Yesterday in the mail i got a renewal notice for the membership i didn't want and didn't sign up for."

Kayo is raising the prices because Foxtel have exclusive broadcast rights for the first 8 weeks.

Bastards.
The problem for News Corp is that Kayo and Binge don't generate enough revenue to offset the year-on-year decline in Foxtel set-top box subscribers.

Foxtel is $90 a month and the customer base is stickier.

Kayo starts at $25 and Binge at $18 and customers come and go all the time, depending what content's available and what the other digital platforms are offering.

Streaming platforms are a super competitive industry of very small margins. Hence the Murdochs' decision to dump Disney.

Now they want to dump Foxtel too. The earnings just aren't there compared to their other stables like Real Estate dot com.

In the meantime they need to keep Foxtel's brands like Kayo afloat so some American private equity mob can buy it off them and sell it off in little bits.

Kayo is going up.

As we wrap up the 2024 season and look ahead to 2025, we’d like to give you a brief update on your Digital Roo membership and the upcoming renewal process for the 2025 season.

In season 2025, your Digital Roo (Kayo) membership product will be priced at $349 or $34.90 per month (over 10 monthly instalments).

This new price point reflects an increase in the wholesale subscription price of the product, however, still provides you with a $71 discount over a traditional Kayo 12-month subscription.

You will receive a renewal email in the coming weeks outlining your membership details, pricing, payment options, and other important information for 2025. If you wish to make any changes to your membership package, you will be able to do so at this time.

In the meantime, if you have any membership queries, or would like to update your details please call 1300 526 427 or email membership@nmfc.com.au.
This is everything that is wrong with the entire AFL industry.

Kayo would have to be the most useless, un-user-friendly service out there. Terrible interface, no features, constant drop outs, mobile app doesn't work etc etc. But, with exactly two free to air games this year, if you can't be at the game, Kayo/Foxtel is the only way to watch our team.

I have the digital membership, but, for some reason it can't be used unless Kayo have an active credit card on file. You get a code that gives the 12 month credit, but you have to wait until the previous one finishes before using it;

-use it early and they run co-currently, meaning you are paying twice for one service.
-but leave it too late, you default over to monthly payments, hence why they want your credit card on file.

No where on your profile can you find any information as to how long you 12 month credit has been running or on which date it ends. And you don't get any notification that your 12 months is ending or they have started charging your stored credit card at the monthly rate.

The fact the AFL allows the fans and our game to be held to ransom by such a morally bankrupt company, just so they can maximise even more profit is sickening.

I know the boat has long sailed, but the AFL is supposed to be the custodian of the game for the fans, but everything is done chasing more money. Huge TV rights, gambling sponsorships, merchandising etc, lines all of their pockets, but it is the average fan who is expected to foot the bill.

The AFL bangs their chest, bragging about the latest "record" TV deal, self congratulating themselves on their wonderful business acumen for securing such a lucrative deal, but it is us fans who are stuck paying for it.

Kayo put their prices up 200, 300 or 400% over CPI increase, provide an even worse product than before, but do they care? does the AFL care?

No, fans who already couldn't afford it can pay up or go without.

But don't worry, the players have negotiated a hefty pay rise.

The execs are all collecting their fat bonuses and patting each other on the back and are more than happy to head out for another press conference to condescendingly tell us "stupid" fans that we are wrong about everything; the game is actually in great shape, the standard of umpiring has never been better, there are actually no inconsistencies in the way the MRO/Tribunal apply penalties and if we still think that any of that is incorrect, they are happy to speak even slower and smile even more condescendingly, so it would be in everyone's best interests if we just shut up and keep paying.

The AFL bangs their chest, bragging about the latest "record" TV deal, self congratulating themselves on their wonderful business acumen for securing such a lucrative deal, but it is us fans who are stuck paying for it.
Hit the nail on the head.

The next time you hear of some ludicrous deal for a lukewarm talent like Ben McKay, just remember that a large part of his salary is being financed by us, the captive audience to an overpriced streaming monopoly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You get a code that gives the 12 month credit, but you have to wait until the previous one finishes before using it;

-use it early and they run co-currently, meaning you are paying twice for one service.
Is this what other people experience?

I have good reason to dislike and distrust Foxtel but I enter my digital membership code when I get the details and it stacks on top of the subscription I already have, adding another 12 months. I've had annual codes with discounted or free access for years and it's always worked like that for me.

It was initially a piece of crap. Very glitchy back when it was launched, but I rarely have those issues now. The exception was when it went to 4k, there was always buffering although that's not an issue for me these days.

We run it on several TVs. Only one, a 4K TCL has problems. I plugged in a 4k google TV with Chromecast and Bob's yer uncle on that TV as well.

Our internet is with leaptel - NBN 250 but on Aussie and Telstra before that with FTTC 100 kayo was also fine regards glitchiness.

What device do you use and what internet provider?

The interface is dogshit, even if it is an attempt to copy Netflix. They just can't get it right. It's been a crap user experience from day dot.

Is this what other people experience?

I have good reason to dislike and distrust Foxtel but I enter my digital membership code when I get the details and it stacks on top of the subscription I already have, adding another 12 months. I've had annual codes with discounted or free access for years and it's always worked like that for me.

It was initially a piece of crap. Very glitchy back when it was launched, but I rarely have those issues now. The exception was when it went to 4k, there was always buffering although that's not an issue for me these days.

We run it on several TVs. Only one, a 4K TCL has problems. I plugged in a 4k google TV with Chromecast and Bob's yer uncle on that TV as well.

Our internet is with leaptel - NBN 250 but on Aussie and Telstra before that with FTTC 100 kayo was also fine regards glitchiness.

What device do you use and what internet provider?

The interface is dogshit, even if it is an attempt to copy Netflix. They just can't get it right. It's been a crap user experience from day dot.
"If you are renewing an existing Club membership, please note this voucher is best redeemed just prior to your current subscription expiring, as your 12 months begins upon redemption."

That is from the club email with the redemption voucher, also had it confirmed with Kayo, I had a situation last year where they ran two credits at the same time for a couple of months.

I've also had written confirmation they weren't going to charge my credit card before a certain date, only for them to charge it well before then and I only found out from checking my bank statement. Even with the written evidence it took months to get my money back. Basically thieves and credit card frauds, endorsed by the AFL.

I hate it, I wish I didn't care so much about our poorly performing team, it's the only reason I go through it!

I use a Google TV Chromecast and I am with Superloop on the NBN, the app is glitchy from time to time, particularly watching something on a slight delay, I don't think it's a connection speed issue though, like you say, just a poor attempt to copy netflix app! I have had no luck with the mobile app, I'm an android user, been through a few different phones, can never get a video more than 2-3 fps, makes no difference if it is connected to home wifi or on 5G mobile data. I have wasted way too much time trying to get help from their tech support, they just don't care.

Easy when you have a near total monopoly on broadcasting rights in this country. Not just for footy but many other sports too.

Also to add on to this I'd wager there are also some that may not realise Foxtel & Kayo are both owned by Newscorp (Kayo is a subsidiary of Hubbl which is owned by the Foxtel group) so believe Kayo is a lesser of two evils.

if Kayo was $20 it would be a lot more popular.

It's priced beyond what people are accustomed to paying for subscriptions and it's lack of quality service hurts it more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2025 Membership - it started with an Invoice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back