Resource 2025 Membership - it started with an Invoice

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick question did anyone on here get a promised zoom chat with a coach or anything else promised in their membership?
Good question, 25 yr member here (would have been 36 but skipped 1 year), and our list of platinum member inclusions are as follows but I don’t remember seeing anything about the last 2, maybe they are new?

IMG_0960.jpeg

Last edited:
Good question, 25 yr member here (would have been 36 but skipped 1 year), and our list of platinum member inclusions are as follows but I don’t remember seeing anything about the last 2, maybe they are new?

View attachment 2105354
same here....

l just filled out their survey and l didnt hold back in telling them what l thought of the club. No doubt l will get a call seeing as l said l dont mind someone from the club calling me...For the money we pay we should be given more..as for signed football and guernseys anyone can get them signed nowadays..

View attachment 2105354

You really wanted a Mid Season Review?

Could have been summed up in one word

same here....

l just filled out their survey and l didnt hold back in telling them what l thought of the club. No doubt l will get a call seeing as l said l dont mind someone from the club calling me...For the money we pay we should be given more..as for signed football and guernseys anyone can get them signed nowadays..

How much personal info do u need to give up?

Somewhat perversely, I'm more engaged now as a member than I have been for years. Over my 30-odd years of membership I've been a Schimma 306, a Pagan's Patron, Captain's Club etc; I think at some stage I had a reserved seat at Marvel (when it was Telstra Dome).

The past few years I've been a General Admission member but thinking about next year... can anyone give me any advice on what would be the best value/roi membership, on your experience?

When I say 'best value/roi', I know this doesn't necessarily mean wins... heh.

Do we have any AFL members with a club support package? Is that worth it, seeing you get MCG entry too (not that we play there much, but thinking of other matches as a footy fan generally)?

Sorry for the meandering question. Any suggestions would be appreciated, or what you've found best/worst. Budget is a consideration of course.

Mine would of been around 24 years straight of I hadn't missed a couple of years, signed in 2023 and my son for his first one also. But not this year due to buying new place. However my son got a 2 consecutive year certificate when he only signed up 1 year. In 2 minds to sign up again next year.

Somewhat perversely, I'm more engaged now as a member than I have been for years. Over my 30-odd years of membership I've been a Schimma 306, a Pagan's Patron, Captain's Club etc; I think at some stage I had a reserved seat at Marvel (when it was Telstra Dome).

The past few years I've been a General Admission member but thinking about next year... can anyone give me any advice on what would be the best value/roi membership, on your experience?

When I say 'best value/roi', I know this doesn't necessarily mean wins... heh.

Do we have any AFL members with a club support package? Is that worth it, seeing you get MCG entry too (not that we play there much, but thinking of other matches as a footy fan generally)?

Sorry for the meandering question. Any suggestions would be appreciated, or what you've found best/worst. Budget is a consideration of course.
I’ve got AFL with North club support. Because I have gold which gets me into grand finals I’m not letting it go now - I’ve lost count of how many years it takes to get offered gold but I think it’s well over 10 years - but if I was starting over I’m not sure it’s worth it. I got it because we are a two club family and I go pretty often to watch Collingwood as well as seeing all the North games I can, but I don’t do that as often as I used to, and I don’t go to any neutral games just to be a spectator. You get much better ROI if you are interested in heading to lots of other games. You can just scan in at MCG or Docklands for most games (we always have seat booking fees as well because we want to sit on level 1, and because Collingwood). Silver and bronze members don’t get first go at GF seats - from memory they offer gold competing clubs, then other gold, then silver competing clubs, so even if it was North v GWS or something there’s not much chance of getting in on the lower tier memberships.

Oh you also get AFLW membership with access to I think any 10 games. I’ve got North club membership for AFLW so it doesn’t help me but it is part of the package.

Bottom line is that it’s a lot of cost on top of the basic H&A club membership and you’d want to attend a lot of other football to get your money’s worth. Also NMFC only gets the basic membership money out of it and the AFL keeps the rest. If I was starting over, and didn’t have other club considerations in the family, I’d choose a North membership that suited me and give the club all the money I was spending.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve got AFL with North club support. Because I have gold which gets me into grand finals I’m not letting it go now - I’ve lost count of how many years it takes to get offered gold but I think it’s well over 10 years - but if I was starting over I’m not sure it’s worth it. I got it because we are a two club family and I go pretty often to watch Collingwood as well as seeing all the North games I can, but I don’t do that as often as I used to, and I don’t go to any neutral games just to be a spectator. You get much better ROI if you are interested in heading to lots of other games. You can just scan in at MCG or Docklands for most games (we always have seat booking fees as well because we want to sit on level 1, and because Collingwood). Silver and bronze members don’t get first go at GF seats - from memory they offer gold competing clubs, then other gold, then silver competing clubs, so even if it was North v GWS or something there’s not much chance of getting in on the lower tier memberships.

Oh you also get AFLW membership with access to I think any 10 games. I’ve got North club membership for AFLW so it doesn’t help me but it is part of the package.

Bottom line is that it’s a lot of cost on top of the basic H&A club membership and you’d want to attend a lot of other football to get your money’s worth. Also NMFC only gets the basic membership money out of it and the AFL keeps the rest. If I was starting over, and didn’t have other club considerations in the family, I’d choose a North membership that suited me and give the club all the money I was spending.

Couldn’t have summed it up better H to h. We’ve been AFL Members since the early 80’s and club support Gold Members since whenever both came in. Every year we’ve tossed up whether or not to ditch them. Most years they’re used once or twice and we pay for 6 of the bloody things.

With the lockdown financial squeeze biting hard we opted to pay as Absentee Members, meaning we maintained the memberships but couldn’t use them.

The AFL wised up to this and we now have to either pay in full once more or toss them in.

There’s no way it’s worth the money, for us or the club.

Couldn’t have summed it up better H to h. We’ve been AFL Members since the early 80’s and club support Gold Members since whenever both came in. Every year we’ve tossed up whether or not to ditch them. Most years they’re used once or twice and we pay for 6 of the bloody things.

With the lockdown financial squeeze biting hard we opted to pay as Absentee Members, meaning we maintained the memberships but couldn’t use them.

The AFL wised up to this and we now have to either pay in full once more or toss them in.

There’s no way it’s worth the money, for us or the club.
Golden handcuffs. But one day North will be playing on the last day in September and I need so much to be there. Also tbh when North is performing a bit better I’ll be happier going along to Pies games - this season I was just over the whole thing. With the gold membership even with North club support I haven’t missed a Collingwood GF - so many of them aaargh.

Probably makes more financial sense to just buy some grand final package with a ticket included if North ever makes a GF instead of maintaining those high end membership packages for years and years in the vain hope we ever get there again. A few years ago I think it was GWS or GC had a grand final brunch with GF ticket at some hotel in Melbourne for $950. Not bad.
Also let it rip in that survey especially having a replacement game against Essendon. It’s a ****ing joke. Like your typical wank corporate survey questions asked were designed with a certain response in mind.

Thanks so much Hearts to hearts for the thoughtful reply. Yeah definitely, wouldn't want to lose that precious gold level, who would. Thanks heaps again!

Also let it rip in that survey especially having a replacement game against Essendon. It’s a ****ing joke. Like your typical wank corporate survey questions asked were designed with a certain response in mind.

Did exactly that.

Also the question wanting 5 words that describe North Melbourne.

Shithouse onfield.
Underfunded football dept.
Terrible player development.
No onfield leadership.
Coaching merry go round.

I was exactly the same H2H, I was gold for a long time and went to many GFs. Eventually just thought I'd rather get North reserved seats amongst the faithful (much better atmosphere than being overwhelmed in the AFL area by oppo supporters) and giving more of my $ to the club. So I ditched Gold about 6 years ago. Having a North membership level with priority 1 access to GF tickets gives me some peace of mind as well (whenever that day will come).

But of course your two club family makes absolute sense to keep it too!

Last edited:
The role of a paying member is to pay up, show up and shut up.
Agree.

And can I say that it's great to see club admin back engaging directly with the members again on here. Great initiative.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2025 Membership - it started with an Invoice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back