Resource 2025 Membership - it started with an Invoice

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably makes more financial sense to just buy some grand final package with a ticket included if North ever makes a GF instead of maintaining those high end membership packages for years and years in the vain hope we ever get there again. A few years ago I think it was GWS or GC had a grand final brunch with GF ticket at some hotel in Melbourne for $950. Not bad.
Also let it rip in that survey especially having a replacement game against Essendon. It’s a ****ing joke. Like your typical wank corporate survey questions asked were designed with a certain response in mind.

I gave them my 2c worth on trading Darling in in the " any other " comments section 😃

Somewhat perversely, I'm more engaged now as a member than I have been for years. Over my 30-odd years of membership I've been a Schimma 306, a Pagan's Patron, Captain's Club etc; I think at some stage I had a reserved seat at Marvel (when it was Telstra Dome).

The past few years I've been a General Admission member but thinking about next year... can anyone give me any advice on what would be the best value/roi membership, on your experience?

When I say 'best value/roi', I know this doesn't necessarily mean wins... heh.

Do we have any AFL members with a club support package? Is that worth it, seeing you get MCG entry too (not that we play there much, but thinking of other matches as a footy fan generally)?

Sorry for the meandering question. Any suggestions would be appreciated, or what you've found best/worst. Budget is a consideration of course.
I have been an AFL member with North Melbourne Club Support for a number of years. It is easy enough to upgrade to a seat on Level 1 for most games. There was a time you would get seats near the North bench but over the years the AFL bay has moved closer to the opposition bench and further south. I got sick of sitting there so upgraded to a Social Club Membership as well. I had a reserved seat in Bay 7 this year. Sadly this area is right next to seats the club gives away through Huddle and you end up with opposition nuffies around you again. I reckon most weeks I saw some agro as people want to sit with other North supporters and not put up with crap from opposition supporters. I know if I do go for a Social Club upgrade I will move further around, probably closer to the race if I can

I have been an AFL member with North Melbourne Club Support for a number of years. It is easy enough to upgrade to a seat on Level 1 for most games. There was a time you would get seats near the North bench but over the years the AFL bay has moved closer to the opposition bench and further south. I got sick of sitting there so upgraded to a Social Club Membership as well. I had a reserved seat in Bay 7 this year. Sadly this area is right next to seats the club gives away through Huddle and you end up with opposition nuffies around you again. I reckon most weeks I saw some agro as people want to sit with other North supporters and not put up with crap from opposition supporters. I know if I do go for a Social Club upgrade I will move further around, probably closer to the race if I can

Near the Race is an awesome spot for when there’s a few minutes where our tail is up and then inevitably lose

Somewhat perversely, I'm more engaged now as a member than I have been for years. Over my 30-odd years of membership I've been a Schimma 306, a Pagan's Patron, Captain's Club etc; I think at some stage I had a reserved seat at Marvel (when it was Telstra Dome).

The past few years I've been a General Admission member but thinking about next year... can anyone give me any advice on what would be the best value/roi membership, on your experience?

When I say 'best value/roi', I know this doesn't necessarily mean wins... heh.

Do we have any AFL members with a club support package? Is that worth it, seeing you get MCG entry too (not that we play there much, but thinking of other matches as a footy fan generally)?

Sorry for the meandering question. Any suggestions would be appreciated, or what you've found best/worst. Budget is a consideration of course.
Hey Jane-o, I’m a 39 year NMFC member. Like you, I was once a Pagan’s Patron, and other categories I can’t remember the names of! I’ve still got some of those junior membership cards we used to get - little cardboard things with the fixture that used to get clipped at the gate. Those were the days! I’ve been an AFL member since the 1990’s - gold membership like others have mentioned so GF pretty much guaranteed. Used to be a lot better value in the early days as it was walk up at the MCG (no reserving seats) - the best! These days I sit in Medallion most weeks as a family member gets them through work (no one wants to go to North games lol) so to be honest, I rarely use it anymore - haven’t for years. I use it for our MCG games - used it for the Melb game this year and it was fabulous - sat on the fence on the wing - how I miss the MCG! Sometimes I do walk up AFL members at Marvel (walk up often available due to our crowds) - did that for the last WB game, other times I do standing room, sometimes Bay 29 - I have friends with all sorts of different memberships so it just depends. I go every week and I’m not fussed where I sit (or stand) as long as I’m there. To sum up, I would never give up my AFL membership due to the guaranteed GF seat. Fully expect I’ll need it for our upcoming period of dominance in the not too distant future 😉

Hey Jane-o, I’m a 39 year NMFC member. Like you, I was once a Pagan’s Patron, and other categories I can’t remember the names of! I’ve still got some of those junior membership cards we used to get - little cardboard things with the fixture that used to get clipped at the gate. Those were the days! I’ve been an AFL member since the 1990’s - gold membership like others have mentioned so GF pretty much guaranteed. Used to be a lot better value in the early days as it was walk up at the MCG (no reserving seats) - the best! These days I sit in Medallion most weeks as a family member gets them through work (no one wants to go to North games lol) so to be honest, I rarely use it anymore - haven’t for years. I use it for our MCG games - used it for the Melb game this year and it was fabulous - sat on the fence on the wing - how I miss the MCG! Sometimes I do walk up AFL members at Marvel (walk up often available due to our crowds) - did that for the last WB game, other times I do standing room, sometimes Bay 29 - I have friends with all sorts of different memberships so it just depends. I go every week and I’m not fussed where I sit (or stand) as long as I’m there. To sum up, I would never give up my AFL membership due to the guaranteed GF seat. Fully expect I’ll need it for our upcoming period of dominance in the not too distant future 😉
Thanks Rollmop, yes here's to those fabulous days coming back sometime soon. I used to love our Friday night games at the G back in the day, straight from work. Yes my mum was an AFL member for decades and we spent a bit of time lining up outside the MCG on GF mornings then getting a great seat on the wing as soon as the gate opened. Good times!

Thanks Rollmop, yes here's to those fabulous days coming back sometime soon. I used to love our Friday night games at the G back in the day, straight from work. Yes my mum was an AFL member for decades and we spent a bit of time lining up outside the MCG on GF mornings then getting a great seat on the wing as soon as the gate opened. Good times!
Yes, those Friday night games straight from work were the best of times! AFL membership good value I think too, especially if you go most weeks - costs me $680 - I pay monthly but at least they give me a warning (albeit just a couple of weeks haha). Good times just around the corner!

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2025 Membership - it started with an Invoice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back