Training 2025 Pre-Season (no sighting of Joel Crocker …yet)

Remove this Banner Ad

And so it begins.
I totally undersand they need a break, and would rather some of them holiday together for some team bonding. But personally, after a season like we've just had I'd stay away from the socials if I was them

I think it’s cool seeing pics of random food courts

Reminds me of the time George Lucas was photographed in a Radelaide Food Court, which was inspiring as I’ve never seen the inside of a Radelaide Food Court

TBH should have waited to finals are over - this is just rubbing me the wrong way.

Total failure of a season and they go off to party while theres 8 other teams still going.

I seem to be in the minority, but I couldn't really care less about what they do in their time off. Or what they post on social media. I care about what they do when I have paid money to turn up and watch them play football, but their private lives are their own business and none of my concern.
If they want to go away and bond and have fun, then good luck to 'em.

Edit: A situation like TT the obvious exception.

Death, taxes and zac fisher returning to preseason overweight.

I don’t think he was read the riot act which is damning.

I know we like to get stuck into our players this time of year after yet another disappointing season but the thing I imagine is, these trips go a long way in creating strong bonds with our players which helps when it comes to re-signing them. Bigger picture I guess I'm saying.
Creating bonds won't fix our skill and fitness issues...

TBH should have waited to finals are over - this is just rubbing me the wrong way.

Total failure of a season and they go off to party while theres 8 other teams still going.
Mate, they aren't robots made to entertain you at whatever time you require.. They are human beings, like us, who are entitled to some time off every now and then.

The results might not have been what we wanted this year but they worked hard. Imagine if you didn't meet your bosses standards after putting in effort and they told you that they felt that giving you time off for your planned holidays was "rubbing me the wrong way".

Geeeez, I know how I'd feel.

On Pixel 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seem to be in the minority, but I couldn't really care less about what they do in their time off. Or what they post on social media. I care about what they do when I have paid money to turn up and watch them play football, but their private lives are their own business and none of my concern.
If they want to go away and bond and have fun, then good luck to 'em.

Edit: A situation like TT the obvious exception.
Exactly how I feel about it. Not like any of us would give up a week of annual leave to return to work.
More concerned with what condition they return in and do start of October/November.

Exactly how I feel about it. Not like any of us would give up a week of annual leave to return to work.
More concerned with what condition they return in and do start of October/November.
I usually agree but I think it's a sign of frustration that the team constantly turns up out of condition, way behind our competition, which is usually caused by not working hard enough at all times as professional athletes do. If they were turning up in ripping condition every year then I don't think people would begrudge them a week off.

I usually agree but I think it's a sign of frustration that the team constantly turns up out of condition, way behind our competition, which is usually caused by not working hard enough at all times as professional athletes do. If they were turning up in ripping condition every year then I don't think people would begrudge them a week off.
That's fair but those players won't last very long under Clarko and Viney.
The fact they told Larkey he was in the "unprepared" group in preseason two years ago shows coaches are all over it.
If they are stupid enough to do that then they will be playing VFL and likely delisted or traded pretty soon.
The ultimatum to Xerri also shows they will recruit somebody else if they aren't doing what the coaches want.

The ultimatum to Xerri also shows they will recruit somebody else if they aren't doing what the coaches want.
One year extensions suggest that the players have one year to show how serious they are and to prove their value to the team.

Mate, they aren't robots made to entertain you at whatever time you require.. They are human beings, like us, who are entitled to some time off every now and then.

The results might not have been what we wanted this year but they worked hard. Imagine if you didn't meet your bosses standards after putting in effort and they told you that they felt that giving you time off for your planned holidays was "rubbing me the wrong way".

Geeeez, I know how I'd feel.

On Pixel 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

That’s not how Micheal Jordon would feel 😏

Work hard, play hard

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2025 Pre-Season (no sighting of Joel Crocker …yet)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back