Training 2025 Pre-Season (no sighting of Joel Crocker …yet)

Remove this Banner Ad

Here We Go Again GIF

Besides catching up with the boys I wonder what Taylor Garner is up to these days? Never struck me as someone who had a Plan B if footy didn’t work out.
Think he was an apprentice plumber when we drafted him. Probably earns more in that job.

Thrilled that he looks more bulked up now than on our list.

Is it just me? I don't get any pleasure from seeing our players living it up in Bali or wherever whilst the footy is still on. They should be going to the finals, watching, learning. It's almost a bonus to not make the eight - an extra month off. They are out of here before the end of the first week. Make em go to the games and watch how teams play in finals. Watch, learn, then go on hols - still have a couple of months.

Is it just me? I don't get any pleasure from seeing our players living it up in Bali or wherever whilst the footy is still on. They should be going to the finals, watching, learning. It's almost a bonus to not make the eight - an extra month off. They are out of here before the end of the first week. Make em go to the games and watch how teams play in finals. Watch, learn, then go on hols - still have a couple of months.
August is the best time weather wise to be in Bali.

We should know that.

It would be naive of us to not think the players haven't figured this out by now.
Catching the back end of the tropics/European summer means flying out ASAP.

August is the best time weather wise to be in Bali.

We should know that.

It would be naive of us to not think the players haven't figured this out by now.
Catching the back end of the tropics/European summer means flying out ASAP.
Love Bali in August - not my point.

They don’t get an extra month off

Pre finals teams start preseason earlier.

I personally like the content more the better

Yeah me. Call me old school.

TBH id rather some players take the lead and even be like "lets train instead or hit the gym, until we are successful or hit 10* wins next year we can celebrate together. This is not time to relax, this is time to reflect as look at other the other teams in finals"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah me. Call me old school.

TBH id rather some players take the lead and even be like "let’s train instead or hit the gym, until we are successful or hit 10* wins next year we can celebrate together. This is not time to relax, this is time to reflect as look at other the other teams in finals"
They can train while they are away overseas

Not saying they all do but many do

They aren’t going to post themselves running

I become a bit of a grumpy bugger seeing them being happy and sinking beers while their love handles grow picture by picture, but it is what it is. They're entitled to holidays and I'd rather them mentally refresh and bond than become depressed brooding misanthropes. Truth is that we very really know how much effort blokes put in with their off season program, and whether it's pictures of beers and pools or pictures of the inside of gyms, it doesn't necessarily reflect reality.

Mate, they aren't robots made to entertain you at whatever time you require.. They are human beings, like us, who are entitled to some time off every now and then.

The results might not have been what we wanted this year but they worked hard. Imagine if you didn't meet your bosses standards after putting in effort and they told you that they felt that giving you time off for your planned holidays was "rubbing me the wrong way".

Geeeez, I know how I'd feel.

On Pixel 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sleevo, this you?

Should put the lot on performance based contracts.

With 3 wins, they can all chip in and hire a caravan in Rosebud caravan park.

I heard there is a great fish and chip shop nearby that does $2 minimum chips.

Thats what they deserve anyway.

Speaking of preseason

What date in November is day 1 preseason officially this year? According to the aflpa
Sheez said mid November. Return the week of 11th-15th November for the 1st to 4 years and a week later for the older players.

Absolutely

They should have been made to physically attend the Cats v Port game and enjoy the shitness of Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2025 Pre-Season (no sighting of Joel Crocker …yet)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back