Training 2025 Pre-Season (no sighting of Joel Crocker …yet)

Remove this Banner Ad

Listening to Simmo on the Schofield podcast, he spoke about how important the end of year trip was and that all of the boys were required to go on it. Massively important to bonding and getting the boys enjoying playing for each other. So I don't mind what they do, would probably like to see them all there if it helps to capture even a 10th of the success we had in Simmo's early days at North.

More holidays
Animated GIF

You can be dissapointed, even angry about the last few years but, you have no right to dictate what someone should or shouldn't be doing in thier downtime.

It doesn't matter if they earn 50k or 500k. They are full time employees, entitled to leave and this is when they have been given it.

If you can't handle seeing that, stop being a creep and stalking thier socials.

Just because you buy a membership doesn't mean you own them.
We have different definitions of Full Time. Teachers work more hours than these campaigners

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously know sweet f*ck all about teaching. Please, can you have one?
Whattaya mean? I did 2 years of placement. They have the easiest job on the planet. 90% of em dont give a shit about their students, they cruise through for pay cheque. Kick out and suspend their problematic children, let em fall through the cracks.

I studied ed/sport and outdoor rec for the first 2 years of higher study. Did my second year of placement and thought, these campaigners a just bums.

Whattaya mean? I did 2 years of placement. They have the easiest job on the planet. 90% of em dont give a shit about their students, they cruise through for pay cheque. Kick out and suspend their problematic children, let em fall through the cracks.

I studied ed/sport and outdoor rec for the first 2 years of higher study. Did my second year of placement and thought, these campaigners a just bums.
So you did about 12 weeks all up in schools?

So you did about 12 weeks all up in schools?
That was enough. Majority of students that enters an education degree do it for the holidays and leave entitlements. The wrong reasons. Anyway, matter of opinions. You are probably a school teacher and dont like hearing criticism. “Oh but I do so many unpaid hours marking tests” .. have a spell.

That was enough. Majority of students that enters an education degree do it for the holidays and leave entitlements. The wrong reasons. Anyway, matter of opinions. You are probably a school teacher and dont like hearing criticism. “Oh but I do so many unpaid hours marking tests” .. have a spell.
As an opinion that is spouted ad nauseam by society, I find it funny/strange that you think it’s worth posting on here.

My early best 23...

FB - Archer - Logue - Corr
HB - Goater - Comben- Hardeman
C - Scott - Sheezel - McKercher
FOL - Xerri - Davies-Uniacke - Parker
HF - Simpkin - Darling - Zurhaar
FF - Curtis - Larkey - Hansen Jnr

IC - Teakle - Wardlaw - Powell - Duusma
SUB - TBC

I'm not f***** around next year.

• I do not want to see Fisher in the back 6, he's not a defender. He's also not good enough offensively to compensate.
  • Stephens is depth, until he proves that he will go when it's his time to go, he just cannot play.
  • There's no room for LMAC. With Logue back, another year into Jacko/Chom + Corr, we have experience in the backline. If he has a really strong preseason, comes back really fit & more importantly sharp (his ball use, decisioning etc.), maybe. But, no f***** way does he just get a game without significant improvement.
  • Simpkin is a flanker. Time to take your medicine. If Parker comes across, you are not required in the midfield. The flank is your role. There is no shame in this, use your engine to cover the ground and become a high score involvement transition player.
  • Curtis, Zurhaar, Duursma, Hansen Jnr, Ford all need to learn to run this preseason. This might trigger a few on here, but absolutely none should be a lock in our best 22 at this point. I'd be lining them all up day 1 of preseason, doesn't matter if you are RHJ or Zurhaar, whoever can cover the most ground gets selected. As soon as our forward 50 pressure and flank transition games falls off, one out one in.
  • Colby wing with burts in the middle. We need him delivering the ball inside 50.
  • Scott wing all year FFS.

My early best 23...

FB - Archer - Logue - Corr
HB - Goater - Comben- Hardeman
C - Scott - Sheezel - McKercher
FOL - Xerri - Davies-Uniacke - Parker
HF - Simpkin - Darling - Zurhaar
FF - Curtis - Larkey - Hansen Jnr

IC - Teakle - Wardlaw - Powell - Duusma
SUB - TBC

I'm not f***** around next year.

• I do not want to see Fisher in the back 6, he's not a defender. He's also not good enough offensively to compensate.
  • Stephens is depth, until he proves that he will go when it's his time to go, he just cannot play.
  • There's no room for LMAC. With Logue back, another year into Jacko/Chom + Corr, we have experience in the backline. If he has a really strong preseason, comes back really fit & more importantly sharp (his ball use, decisioning etc.), maybe. But, no f***** way does he just get a game without significant improvement.
  • Simpkin is a flanker. Time to take your medicine. If Parker comes across, you are not required in the midfield. The flank is your role. There is no shame in this, use your engine to cover the ground and become a high score involvement transition player.
  • Curtis, Zurhaar, Duursma, Hansen Jnr, Ford all need to learn to run this preseason. This might trigger a few on here, but absolutely none should be a lock in our best 22 at this point. I'd be lining them all up day 1 of preseason, doesn't matter if you are RHJ or Zurhaar, whoever can cover the most ground gets selected. As soon as our forward 50 pressure and flank transition games falls off, one out one in.
  • Colby wing with burts in the middle. We need him delivering the ball inside 50.
  • Scott wing all year FFS.
Who's defender 7?

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2025 Pre-Season (no sighting of Joel Crocker …yet)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back