Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t really see too much change in the list TBH, we don’t have any choice but to really roll with what we have, hoping for just a decent preseason to all and renewed hunger with also subtle tweaks to the gameplan should hold us in good stead for 2025.

I think we will be having a crack in 2026 at some star recruits to help Daicos for the future, that and hopefully McGuane keeps progressing at junior level as he looks a very promising type.

Thanks.

I can see all the reasons why we will cut deep, but difficult to see which players well offload (which is normal)

There’ll probably be some surprises - there always is.

Last year it was Adams and Ginnivan.

Year before it was Grundy, Henry and Poulter.

Year before that it was Lynch and Keene

Year before that it was Treloar and Stephenson.
Of course, all those players cept Lynch, Keene and Stevo are excelling at their new clubs.

The other way round we get a Shultz.:rolleyes:

FB Howe Keane Maynard
HB Perryman Moore Quaynor
C J Daicos Berry Allen
Foll Cameron N Daicos Mitchell.
HF McCreery Mihocek Hill
F McStay DeGoey Schulz
I/C WHE, Pendlebury, Smit, DiMattia, Crisp.

Gone (retired/traded)…
Carmichael, Murph, Johnno, Begg, Richards, McInness, Noble, Elliot, Sidebottom.

I’d be ok with this.

We will be fine as long as we don't anything stupid like trading out our future first/second for another average role player. Getting a bit scared about our interest in Keane.

The other key focus needs to be actually developing the high draft pick talent on our list. Stop with the list clogging SSP/delisted MSD strategy in players with no long term future. Like seriously Markov wasn't even that big a win.
Keane is 1000% upgrade on Markov, 50% at least on Frampton and Dean, and has shown this year marked improvement. Hopefully we do get him to help replace Murphy

FB Howe Keane Maynard
C J Daicos Berry Allen
HF McCreery Mihocek Hill
F McStay DeGoey Schulz

Gone (retired/traded)…

I’d be ok with this.
remove Elliot Noble Richards Reef NFW.

It will be hard to rebuild without any of the veterans retiring and it doesn’t sound like any will.

Sidebottom was probably the closest to getting the tap on the shoulder but I think he avoids that with his performance against Sydney.

We need to target a defensive midfielders who’s more mobile than the likes of Sullivan, Bytel and Long and some better users off half back that also run and carry.

It should still be easier than our draw this year, they may still give us the hardest bottom 6 team possible but that team shouldnt be harder than hawthorn was

The ease / difficulty of the draw assumes that rubbish teams stay rubbish, and good teams stay good. Which is not the case (* Note 1)

* Note 1: Carlton and Essendon are the exceptions. They always find exciting and innovative ways to be rubbish.

It will be hard to rebuild without any of the veterans retiring and it doesn’t sound like any will.

Sidebottom was probably the closest to getting the tap on the shoulder but I think he avoids that with his performance against Sydney.

We need to target a defensive midfielders who’s more mobile than the likes of Sullivan, Bytel and Long and some better users off half back that also run and carry.

sidebottom should play on next year but he should be playing 3 weeks on, 1 week off. form permitting
same as Pendles, but with him perhaps after every 6 week block , he has a spell

FB Howe Keane Maynard
C J Daicos Berry Allen
HF McCreery Mihocek Hill
F McStay DeGoey Schulz

Gone (retired/traded)…

I’d be ok with this.
I’d be keeping Elliott ahead of Mitchell, even despite the gaping hole we have with inside mids.

Edit: McInnes and Richards are keeps too IMO, and Noble surely stays ahead of Markov

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sidebottom should play on next year but he should be playing 3 weeks on, 1 week off. form permitting
same as Pendles, but with him perhaps after every 6 week block , he has a spell
A serial rester!

Stone him!!!!

I think 11 players is cutting too deep given our draft hand, how do we replace them all?

Imo, 2-3 players in the national draft, 1-2 in the rookie draft/ pre season drafts (really hope we don't pick 3 players in the pre season supplementary draft again...), 1-2 players through trade/ free agency so i'd be thinking more like 6-8 at the absolute max delistings

From your list I think Markov, Steene, Kreuger and maybe Reef will be retained for 1 more year
I don't think it will be 11, but his 11 is only 9 new players - as we've already lost two on his list - Murphy and Carmichael - and replaced them with Smit and Long. I think there will be about 6 more but we'll also try to trade a couple more like Noble and Richards.

Murphy (retired)
Carmichael (retired)
Johnson
Begg
Macrae
Krueger
Reef
Sullivan

I’d be keeping Elliott ahead of Mitchell, even despite the gaping hole we have with inside mids.

Edit: McInnes and Richards are keeps too IMO, and Noble surely stays ahead of Markov
I don't think we'll get a choice with McInnes. He'll ask to be traded.

B IQ. Frampton. Dean
HB. Maynard. Keane. Crisp
C. WHE. Naicos. Jaicos
HF. Hill. Moore. Mcreery
F. Shultz. McStay. Elliot

R. Cameron. Petracca. Degoey

Int. Pendles. Allan. Howe. Reef

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back