AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! šŸ¤™ - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a funny place to get a cut from a broken plate.... :/

I'm not suggesting anything other than that I don't know how you cut the side of your hand when trying to catch something. Unless the dressing is more on the inside of his hand and wraps around the side...

I hear what you are saying ;-)

2AAD1CCC-DB06-43B9-B9E0-1EF2F875826F-293-00000053BB9AB322.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheeky bugger.

"Got our half time pretzels sorted incase BJ decides to place them on the floor again
1f61c.png
1f609.png
"

19059399_656227341237825_1481674979409537902_n.jpg

Please excuse the intrusion. Watching the game tonight against Port.

Outside our own Joey Kennedy (being parochial) - there is no more admired AFL captain than Dyson Heppell. He is a class act.

He's going well, but he's no Jobe just yet. I'm not sure I'll ever see a better Essendon captain than Jobe, even better than Hirdy was. Was the right time to pass it on, but Jobe was a sensational man-manager and inspirational leader.

He's going well, but he's no Jobe just yet. I'm not sure I'll ever see a better Essendon captain than Jobe, even better than Hirdy was. Was the right time to pass it on, but Jobe was a sensational man-manager and inspirational leader.

I love Jobe. But Hird was a far better captain, especially when on field when it came to lifting the team.

I love Jobe. But Hird was a far better captain, especially when on field when it came to lifting the team.

Respectfully, I disagree. Hird was a great captain, and he did indeed lift the team and himself individually when needed, but I think Jobe's man-management was better. Jobe seemed to have a lot more one-on-one conversations with players to encourage them. Both players were also excellent in the media, but Jobe really, (and sadly), shone during the saga. He was the face of the Club and carried an incredible burden with aplomb.

From afar, Heppell is different to both. I get the impression that he is a far cruisier personality, but is incredibly driven. I do think he is natural leader but may not reach the Captaincy heights of the others - Hird because of his generational playing ability and Jobe, (because god forbid it happens again), weathered a horrible storm and wouldn't let the ship sink.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! šŸ¤™ - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back