AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! 🤙 - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Gave everything he had and dedicated himself to the club from the moment he walked in. Cant ask for much more than that when someone arrives at the club.

Farewell game is neither here nor there for me. Its a dead rubber. If thats what we wants as an official send off then i think the club should give it to him. If the boys can get up for a win for him even better and would be a bitter-sweet day for him. Would be nice to be able to chair him off in Melbourne after a win, especially against Sydney.

If not for him and Hooker who knows how many wouldve stayed after 2016.
It's time to move on now but the club definitely owed those guys for what happened, wouldn't have begrudged them all leaving but glad we had good club men like hepp and cale.

Last edited:
I know this is harsh - and most will disagree - but hope he doesn't play again. He's had 3 years of farewell games.
I'd agree if we were in finals contention. But I will genuinely enjoy seeing him play once more knowing it's definitely his last, and look forward to the crowd cheering whenever he gets a touch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll always be one of my favourites and I am stoked that he goes out a one-club player.

I drafted him as My Boy this year and would've taken him with the second overall pick had I have been online at the time, but in all honesty, he truly is a boy to be shared by all of us.

Congrats on a great career, Hepp!

I know this is harsh - and most will disagree - but hope he doesn't play again. He's had 3 years of farewell games.

if in contention id agree, but may as well give him one, not going to change anything.

I'd agree if we were in finals contention. But I will genuinely enjoy seeing him play once more knowing it's definitely his last, and look forward to the crowd cheering whenever he gets a touch.
Fair enough. Many people will agree.

However, I know we all know we will not beat Sydney and Brisbane, but technically, our season is still alive and we probably make the 8 if we win both. It's very Essendon to decide beforehand that we will lose, so let's not put out our best team. Once we lose to Sydney, we could make a stronger case for him playing in Brisbane.

But yeah, I know I'm being a killjoy. I'm just very ticked with the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! 🤙 - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back