AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! 🤙 - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he had a heap of family and friends up in Sydney to support him for his 200th game and they formed a guard of honour as he ran through the banner. Might have had 15-20 on each side, think he thanked/high 5’d the left side first then went over to the other side and thanked them. Nothing wrong with any of that…wouldn’t we all go up and support a family member/friend playing their 200th?
Yes but you’d be focused on the match and thank them later.

I think he had a heap of family and friends up in Sydney to support him for his 200th game and they formed a guard of honour as he ran through the banner. Might have had 15-20 on each side, think he thanked/high 5’d the left side first then went over to the other side and thanked them. Nothing wrong with any of that…wouldn’t we all go up and support a family member/friend playing their 200th?
No. Hang, draw and quarter him, and then chop the quarters in further halves for good measure.

Nobody is even talking about it if we win that game, which of course we didn't.
Who cares, honestly. There are plenty of valid things to criticise Heppell over, this of all things just doesn’t fit the bill.

And I’m one who definitely thinks at absolute best he’s got one year left and performances like today give me pause to reconsider even that.

Who cares, honestly. There are plenty of valid things to criticise Heppell over, this of all things just doesn’t fit the bill.

And I’m one who definitely thinks at absolute best he’s got one year left and performances like today give me pause to reconsider even that.
It highlights the culture, which Dyson vehemently defends. It definitely fits the bill.

I agree with that. The best argument for him staying is that there is no one obvious knocking for his place and in the short term we would likely be a worse team even without 2022 Heppell.

I was a bit surprised looking at Heppell’s stats. On paper they look pretty good, but his decline has been steep. The Brownlow is flawed, but it is probably telling that in his first 150 or so matches he polled 68 votes, compared with about 3 in his last 60 (I don’t think he will poll this season).

Has anybody else in the history of VFL/AFL celebrated 200 with as much fanfare?
Don’t know nor care to be honest.

You’re welcome to forensically go through everyone in history who has reached 200 games before Dyson and report back with your findings (psssttt…the answer will be no, no one ever has!) if you want though. :)

I’m more of the opinion he’s got at best one week left. I think the family and friends things was a bit of a surprise that the club organised so no reason to hold it against Dyson. Maybe more for a 300th game though.

I agree with that. The best argument for him staying is that there is no one obvious knocking for his place and in the short term we would likely be a worse team even without 2022 Heppell.

I was a bit surprised looking at Heppell’s stats. On paper they look pretty good, but his decline has been steep. The Brownlow is flawed, but it is probably telling that in his first 150 or so matches he polled 68 votes, compared with about 3 in his last 60 (I don’t think he will poll this season).

He kept Hobbs out today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. Hang, draw and quarter him, and then chop the quarters in further halves for good measure.
then microwave.

there is a point that that was probably better saved for post-game given where the season had started and gone. And maybe reserved it a bit for private after the disaster that was that game.

then microwave.

there is a point that that was probably better saved for post-game given where the season had started and gone. And maybe reserved it a bit for private after the disaster that was that game.
I don’t even really disagree with that premise.

It’s just that it’s still nonetheless an utter non-entity in the greater scheme of things of Heppell’s viability.

The issue for me is at his best he can play a reasonable game but it is not inspiring. Have been a big fan over the journey but when I look back he has not really been inspirational since he crashed into Hodge in 2018. Have not seen him really run in and attack like this too many times since.

And have not seen too many of our players actually want to do what Hodge did there and just bulldoze over someone legally.

And have not seen too many of our players actually want to do what Hodge did there and just bulldoze over someone legally.
Caldwell, Redman, Hobbs and Stringer seem to be the only ones who want to go through players when around won't work.
Andy had it in his game for a bit there, but i think he found he wasn't going through anyone.

If Clarke thought Mitchell Lewis and hodge were finished then Dyson is in BIG TROUBLE

yeh, the way he dispensed with Hodge, Mitchell and Lewis would suggest Hepp had better sign that one year deal today of he wants to keep an afl career
If he was even smarter he'd head to the Goldy assuming that offer is still on the table.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! 🤙 - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back