AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! šŸ¤™ - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure that it wouldā€™ve been mainly hird and Lloyd taking less and they were on mega bucks. Most of the other guys were pushed out because we simply couldnā€™t afford to pay them anywhere near what they were worth/ continue to pay their contract
And Merc

Think hel probably play out the year and announce when we are mathematically out of the equation of finals.

Been a good club servant but should have offloaded him to gc or another a couple of years ago.

I like hepp but seeing him play nearly every game available is madness and seems a selection out of guilt and not performance.

Hope he gets a good send off and celebrated for what he did. Loves the club but unfortunately a defensive liability.

I wonder if they had of managed him better earlier would he perhaps not have dropped off as much. There was a few on hear calling for him to be managed.

Same with Goldy, we played him flat out and cooked him halfway through the season.

It's not just physical, mentally as an older player only having to get up for 17 games instead of 23 or so surely would be better for your form.
Putting a deadline on his career may have also helped, then you get that nice, "ok I have X games left" and you don't limp to the line, you play each game knowing it's one of your last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't.

FIGJAM and always was. Won the captaincy from a popularity contest because he let everyone do what they want and we're still trying to undo that damage to the playing culture to this day.
He's finished, not contributing in a side performing shithouse & fans are rightfully sick of him being picked, but FIGJAM? Jesus Christ. There are many things you could knock him for but being arrogant would have to be dead last.

Only reason I'd cop his selection this week is if he's announcing his retirement pre-game and Brad is letting him have a send off in Melbourne in front of the home fans. Been a great servant but we all need to know our limits.

Only reason I'd cop his selection this week is if he's announcing his retirement pre-game and Brad is letting him have a send off in Melbourne in front of the home fans. Been a great servant but we all need to know our limits.

It's interesting actually that he is running out of time, only two more games in Melbourne after this. Assume we get an announcement in the next 2 weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! šŸ¤™ - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back