Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't defend his form for any reason for me, or you are kidding yourself.
It's clear for everyone to see, maybe a change of scenery for himself to get his shit together.

I'm off him, no heart

From multiple dicks to a cut and shut in 18 months. :(

I respect your opinion scotty, because I know you look at the whole picture, so what do we do with him?

His ruckwork is still very good in spurts, and better than Daws when it tapers off. He offers more than Daw, I am certain of that. Preuss looks very capable as a ruck cum forward, but I can't see him rucking alone. It's a conundrum.

Was the only player on the ground not to take a mark today.
Is over 2 meters tall.
If he's not serious about it anymore he should retire or take a break with personal issues.
Its not fair on the club or the members for him to produce what he is on full pay.

That being said, he shouldn't even be considered for selection

I respect your opinion scotty, because I know you look at the whole picture, so what do we do with him?

His ruckwork is still very good in spurts, and better than Daws when it tapers off. He offers more than Daw, I am certain of that. Preuss looks very capable as a ruck cum forward, but I can't see him rucking alone. It's a conundrum.

Completely disagree, his head is ****ed, his ruck work has been serviceable at best around the ground, we Leigh Brown would do a better job. I have been relatively reluctant to pot him but after the footage of him giggling in the huddle, it's clear that being the highest played on the list is a joke so I don't particularly care what personal shit he is going through. If it's that bad leave the game for a bit.

Goldy's ruck work is fine. But he used to give us an extra midfielder when the ball hit the ground.
Injury intervened and now he seems to be mentally shot as well. How many marks did he drop today?
Other teams believe he is soft and it seems to be a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Former team mates have noted that he looks like he doesn't want to be there.
That's the way it looks to me, he's doing the basics but nothing more and there is little intent. I think it would turn around quickly if he lifted his intensity and workrate, but he's had 20 weeks to do it, so I am assuming that won't happen with us.
Best for both parties to move on. Daw is no superstar but he and Preuss have to be the way forward.

Was the only player on the ground not to take a mark today.
Is over 2 meters tall.
If he's not serious about it anymore he should retire or take a break with personal issues.
Its not fair on the club or the members for him to produce what he is on full pay.

That being said, he shouldn't even be considered for selection

You've got to be shitting me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole Goldstein issue has been a complete schmozzle since mid way through last year and its now being played out embarrassingly for all to see.

Not all blame sits with the player - he needed to be rested in games last year and just wasn't - he needed to be dropped for a long period of time early this year and wasn't. If he has issues off the field then they should have been managed professionally.

Goldie himself - never mind his complete lack of confidence and lack of basic rucking skill - his attitude, his demeanour, his complete lack of match day intensity just sets the wrong example for all junior players.

The idea that some have (including the coach) that Goldie will somehow magically reclaim his form of 2 years ago just demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of the entire situation.

Goldie cannot play senior football again for NMFC until all the above issues are addressed.
images

He has a new relationship and his partner is great apparently .Loves the kids and shit off field isn't an issue. Scott hasn't any other options atm, so I'd suggest Goldy stays in the side.

Goldy's ruck work is fine. But he used to give us an extra midfielder when the ball hit the ground.
Injury intervened and now he seems to be mentally shot as well. How many marks did he drop today?
That's the way it looks to me, he's doing the basics but nothing more and there is little intent. I think it would turn around quickly if he lifted his intensity and workrate, but he's had 20 weeks to do it, so I am assuming that won't happen with us.
Best for both parties to move on. Daw is no superstar but he and Preuss have to be the way forward.
Yeah I'd play Preuss and Daw next year at least Daw is capable of taking a few marks.

images

He has a new relationship and his partner is great apparently .Loves the kids and shit off field isn't an issue. Scott hasn't any other options atm, so I'd suggest Goldy stays in the side.

Make Preuss ruck with BB as back up and bring in McKay also for the last 2 rounds....Drop him and trade him at seasons end. His attitude towards Tarrants address after half time was disgusting and you could see he couldn't care less...a bad example to our younger players and the rest of the team...

Stringer and Goldstein have both had similar descents in the last few seasons. Swap picks depending on contract differential but I think it's a fair trade were this to eventuate. It's a gamble on both equally.

Thanks.

Daw is a crab.

We get more out of Goldy with his tapwork even if fumbles everything else.

Maybe we need to get some miles in to McKays legs and look to a double barrel Preuss & McKay combination to go with Browny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Back