Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Stringer and Goldstein have both had similar descents in the last few seasons. Swap picks depending on contract differential but I think it's a fair trade were this to eventuate. It's a gamble on both equally.

We keep goldy if we are offered peanuts - the deal needs to improve us

His 3rd quarter tap work was sublime and a reason we got back in to the game, but aside form that he was invisible.

I defend him because he attracts an unusual amount of shit when others get off scott free. The moronic element blow up his shortcomings whilst ignoring any quality inputs. This leads to the lopsided bullshit that infests this board.
I agree with what youre saying to an extent, many here lauded him. But to be getting the rumoured salary he is on at present and giving us almost nothing warrants him to be charged for theft.

I agree with what youre saying to an extent, many here lauded him. But to be getting the rumoured salary he is on at present and giving us almost nothing warrants him to be charged for theft.

The money argument cannot be put on him.

FFS, Gavin Urquart made a five season 41 game million dollar plus career out of 5 games of football and 1 chase down tackle.

By all means intelligently criticise a player, but you can't add an income levy to that criticism, based upon what the club was stupid enough to pay him.

Todd Goldstein had a shocker against Hawthorn this afternoon as North Melbourne fell seriously behind at the halftime break.

The 29-year-old finished the first two terms with no marks, no kicks and just one handball.

AFL legend Cameron Ling took a swipe at the ruckman, who has been having a rough season with the Roos.

“I can’t believe how far Todd Goldstein has fallen,” he said on 3AW radio Sunday afternoon.

“He’s got no confidence at all,” Matthew Richardson replied.

Former Kangaroos star Nick Dal Santo said Goldstien should request a trade after being dropped for Majak Daw for a match last month.

“If you’re in the situation where you feel the club isn’t best suited for you — being Goldy doesn’t think that he’s best at North Melbourne — or that the club is actually offering him, so they don’t want him, then I think it’s worth looking at,” he said on Fox Sports.

Not sure how far back you went in this thread to catch up.....but b4 the AA season of 2015 I wanted to offload him, for Boyd. The main reason was he was only a tapout trick king, he never has had a mean bone in his body and he offered almost no aerial contest around the ground......then on que he produced everything I said he didnt do, the penny finally dropped and he really made it easy to watch him. I still watched him closely and there were glaring things there that made me want to not pay him so much......our whole strategy was based on his A game , they ( THE CLUB ) didnt even consider to stop and think what if he couldnt produce it week in week out.
Narrow minded thinking from the club if you asked me. And yes its not Goldsteins fault.

Last edited:
Todd Goldstein had a shocker against Hawthorn this afternoon as North Melbourne fell seriously behind at the halftime break.

The 29-year-old finished the first two terms with no marks, no kicks and just one handball.

AFL legend Cameron Ling took a swipe at the ruckman, who has been having a rough season with the Roos.

“I can’t believe how far Todd Goldstein has fallen,” he said on 3AW radio Sunday afternoon.

“He’s got no confidence at all,” Matthew Richardson replied.

Former Kangaroos star Nick Dal Santo said Goldstien should request a trade after being dropped for Majak Daw for a match last month.

“If you’re in the situation where you feel the club isn’t best suited for you — being Goldy doesn’t think that he’s best at North Melbourne — or that the club is actually offering him, so they don’t want him, then I think it’s worth looking at,” he said on Fox Sports.
Or he could man up and earn his wage

Anyway that wasn't even goldys worst game. Before he was dropped he had a less effective game where iirc had even less disposals.

Anyway it's all moot at this point of the year when we have a string or dead rubbers to play. What happens next year is the real issue.

Given that the whole footballing community is realising he is so far below what is accepted atm the chances of fielding decent offers for him are about as slim as his stats sheet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Piss him off at seasons end. Has no impact around the ground, no heart
Preuss should be our number one ruck with some support from Brown
I don't rate Daw either, he is as useless as Goldy and offers nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of people don't rate Majak, and there's no doubt his consistency is an issue, but can anyone even imagine Goldy in his current state being able to do this? Particularly the 2nd one given the situation in the game. Preuss/Daw is the future, and while it might not be perfect, its a huge upgrade on what Goldy is currently giving, both in upside and in current performance. Goldy needs a fresh start if he's any hope of recapturing his best. Played his last game for the club today unfortunately.

A player whose confidence has been totally destroyed by Combination of off field issues and club management. I feel we've made two big Mistakes with goldy.

1. Playing him injured in the 2nd half of last year when he was really
Labouring.

and

2. Continuing to Play him this year for an extended period when it
Was obvious he was out of form.

Because they are paying him $800K a year. He needs to suck it up. By all accounts he has done some stuff to make his own life uncomfortable, so no use blaming others.

And none of the off field stuff is anyone's ****ing business but his.

O.K. This is what we do. We offer Goldy up for trade. If we only get offers of 2nd Rounders but are still obliged to pay half his contract we delist him. Then if another team wants him they pick him up for nothing but are forced to pay his whole contract. We save $$$$. If nobody picks him up we are forced to rookie him. Realising that nobody else wants him should put the proverbial rocket up Goldy and he recaptures form. Win / Win I say. :stern look

Lock him in a room with Glenn Archer for 10 minutes to have a nice 'chat'.

Re-assess based on his attitude once he's out of hospital.

It's beyond pathetic now. I've gone through a whole horde of emotions in regards to Coalstein but settled on apathy once Daw was under performing and then injured. Now I feel genuinely insulted. With his level of experience I simply don't understand how it is actually possible to have that stat line without actively trying to avoid the ball and the contest, regardless of physical or mental anguish.

After he's done his recovery he should be told to go home and not come back for the rest of the year, and to have a ****ing good think about where he is at in football. And every day there is an article or segment about him the club should email it to him and make sure he watches it.

Sick of his shit, reasons be damned. He should be ashamed of himself.

Lock him in a room with Glenn Archer for 10 minutes to have a nice 'chat'.

Re-assess based on his attitude once he's out of hospital.

It's beyond pathetic now. I've gone through a whole horde of emotions in regards to Coalstein but settled on apathy once Daw was under performing and then injured. Now I feel genuinely insulted. With his level of experience I simply don't understand how it is actually possible to have that stat line without actively trying to avoid the ball and the contest, regardless of physical or mental anguish.

After he's done his recovery he should be told to go home and not come back for the rest of the year, and to have a ******* good think about where he is at in football. And every day there is an article or segment about him the club should email it to him and make sure he watches it.

Sick of his shit, reasons be damned. He should be ashamed of himself.

Archer is probably the worst person to lock him in a room with. Arch preformed in spite, Goldy needs a cuddle.

Archer is probably the worst person to lock him in a room with. Arch preformed in spite, Goldy needs a cuddle.
I'm not sure he does need a cuddle. What has this entire year been to him from the club but a warm reassuring cuddle while we whisper lovingly in his ear about how "He's still all that!" and "All Australian Todd, just need to find your form buddy". The coach and club for 3/4 of the season spoke him up and put faith in him. It hasn't done jack shit. Arguably he has actually become worse. Honey isn't working so try the stick. And if the stick doesn't work then he can take his money and insert it where the sun doesn't shine and spend the rest of his days in some lovely house looking at his All Australian medal and trying to avoid seeing or hearing any mention of himself in the media because he knows what will be said about the man he allowed himself to become.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Back