Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Flat couple of weeks. The bye and big X returning is good timing, though I would expect X needs a couple weeks if not a month in the VFL to get conditioning. Though maybe they forego a bit of that and just have CCJ carry more of the slack than he otherwise would.

Oh well, hopefully the man with many members isn't done for yet.

If he gets manhandled early, he packs it in pretty quickly and goes through the motions.

Has been an absolute colossus, but the lack of physical presence right now, is frightfully apparent.
100% this. Got taken to the cleaners by GWS 3rd choice ruckman. Provided zero physical presence at the contest & around the ground. Clarko showed the pecking order by his rd1 selection choice so I'd assume he'll be playing VFL once X is ready. Been a loyal servant over the years but father time catches up with all of us.

So he’s now been worked over physically in two weeks with Draper/Phillips nullifying his influence and Briggs destroying him yesterday. Awesome year but has dropped away since the Collingwood game.

Would be nice if Xerri was fit but if English gets ahold of Goldi next week then remarkably X just has to come in after the bye.
You can add Witts, Lycett, Darcy, and some big dude from Hawthorn whose name escapes me to that list

His inability to thump balls through for a behind on the opposition goal line has been a constant in his career. It reared its ugly head again vs GWS. It genuinely shlts me to tears. Always has.

We need Xerri to take his spot. We really do.

Well DF as much as I enjoy your work at times. Xerri is just going to extrapolate our issues of being one-paced. Yes he will make Greenwood, Phillips, Powell, JZ, McKay and Shiels look like they've picked up a yard. So might be a good ploy.

When Xerri stand up straight he is 201cm and when he jumps he is still 201cm.

Don't hate him, but heck I think some folk are in for a rude shock.

Well DF as much as I enjoy your work at times. Xerri is just going to extrapolate our issues of being one-paced. Yes he will make Greenwood, Phillips, Powell, JZ, McKay and Shiels look like they've picked up a yard. So might be a good ploy.

Don't hate him, but * I think some folk are in for a rude shock.
Also gives away a few silly free kicks. I'm more comfortable with Goldie in the backline, actually did pretty well there during the barrage yesterday.

Don't hate him, but * I think some folk are in for a rude shock.
Fair enough. You may be right, but gee we need a change in the big man department.

Fair enough. You may be right, but gee we need a change in the big man department.

Yeah Goldy wants to go around again in 24, currently I think he may well need to. Give Xerri a crack at it. And I hope he can make a decent fist of it. Otherwise the cupboard is bare.

This year was meant to be the hand off and we can see how it has gone.

Gets another year while we try and surface someone who can take his spot as 1st ruck.

And to teach the art because like
The acurate one from what I have seen of X he is fairly meh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i reckon we'd get someone younger as part of the annual ruck merry go round to be xerri's back up instead

eg Matt Flynn free agent stuck behind briggs
thats the way, grab a 2nd banana that some other bozo has already put all the development into,

"Matthew Flynn was a member of the GIANTS Academy since the age of 12. Drafted as a developing ruckman"

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Back