Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Admittedly his overhead marking was a lot better on the w/e but that play-on late in the game when he snapped for a point rather than going back. then the kick that missed! I mean what the hells going on???

What are you talking about? That wasn't a mark or free kick, he gathered a contested ball and snapped.

heres an opertunity, buy low sell high.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AFL-MICR...497350?hash=item2387efd5c6:g:xm0AAOSwTA9X8LFL

s-l500.jpg

When did Gary Busey play for North?

s-l1600.jpg

Yep, that shit isn't right.
Agreed. Sure I'd be the first to offer him a lift to the airport if a trade took place but never do that to a north player on the field unless you're leigh harding and you run into an open goal and miss, then proceed to walk off the field laughing with a teammate after you've lost a close one. Only then does a player deserve a mouthful.

Admittedly his overhead marking was a lot better on the w/e but that play-on late in the game when he snapped for a point rather than going back. then the kick that missed! I mean what the hells going on???

Commenting on the kick in isolation his action was downright terrible. and this criticism isnt solely aimed at goldy but he has had 10 years as a full time professional footballer to address his set shot routine, golfers work on their swing day in day out, surely these blokes hang around training for a lazy half hour with a kicking coach and can work out their routines??? think about it, 10 years training 3 days a week, and an extra 90 minutes a week. hardly a lot to ask of a pro sportsman.

btw that bronx cheering shit is really crap.

Not sure who you've been watching, but he always kicks those kinds of shots, was very surprised he missed.

It's the Freo game that sums up Goldy's season. Just hasn't for filled his role in the side this year and when the pressure is mounted onto him as an AA ruckman whom now needs to play like an AA ruckman consistently and willingly, the doubts come back. When expectations are higher than ever, a kick like the one he missed can be a result of catastrophic-overwhelming expectations to perform better than ever. The game he had last week is in stark contrast of the game he had in late 2015 against Freo.

I just think the 2015 season that he had might've had a negative effect on him. He was unbelievable yes but the teammate support wasn't really there. We still didn't take full advantage of his blinder of a season. An example I want to point out was when he was unreal in the second game against *Essendon. The play where he retrieved/snatched the ball skillfully from his opponent and hit BBB on the chest for a easy goal. Goldy's reaction was rather unusual. Lack of emotion/just looked at the ground. Ben Brown thanked him and some of the boys went over (I think) but his reaction was just... weird. I thought he would be more energetic.

The game against the Hawks in 2015 where he was hit recklessly by Lewis. Didn't see much emotion from the boys except from Firrito. If I was his teammate, I would be getting into Lewis in a heartbeat letting him know that he hit him willingly. I'd be furious.

Something is bothering him and I don't know whether it's having a direct effect on his performance.

I'm starting to think a lack of leadership has made things down in the dumps for Goldy.

When you have a great season and don't get a premiership next to your name and don't get much support from teammates because of leadership issues or under performing teammates, it does become a dark situation. A dark place no footballer should ever wander into. You start questioning whether you're still invaluable to the side or whether you're doing something wrong. You start to become lazy/disinterested and it gradually becomes worse. Which it has now.

I hope someone can prove me wrong though.

The infinite dicks Goldy we used to know might still be somewhere inside... hopefully for goodness sake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 393434

Metres Gained -7 :eek:

Goldy stunk it up again yet still managed 58 Fantasy Points??? Brown scored 53 Fantasy Points. What??? Yep it's a Fantasy.

View attachment 393438

Goldy has turned into one of the worst players I have seen at north for a while.

From elite to a complete joke that's clearly injured. 7 meters is a ****ing disgusting effort. How he hasn't been dropped at all this year absolutely blows my mind

Last edited:
Goldy has turned into one of the worst players I have seen at north for a while.

From elite to a complete joke that's Cleary injured. 7 meters is a ******* disgusting effort. How he hasn't been dropped at all this year absolutely blows my mind

images

:stern look

Spot on btw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Back