AFL Player #23: Harrison Jones - Clocks up 50th game v Gold Coast - 5/8

Remove this Banner Ad

So only a 1 year contract, doesn't sound like there's a lot of confidence here.
Or maybe we are not falling into signing players who have injury issues for more than a year.

One wonders if the "AFL lifestyle" comments might in part have been directed at Harry; if his work off the field to get back to full fitness hasn't been as professional as others. The Peter Wright video may have served a dual purpose? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

One wonders if the "AFL lifestyle" comments might in part have been directed at Harry; if his work off the field to get back to full fitness hasn't been as professional as others. The Peter Wright video may have served a dual purpose? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Doubtful. He’s very coachable, wouldn’t need a public spray to get his shit together. And as far as his lifestyle he seems to spend his personal time helping around the club, lives and breathes Essendon.

Doubtful. He’s very coachable, wouldn’t need a public spray to get his s**t together. And as far as his lifestyle he seems to spend his personal time helping around the club, lives and breathes Essendon.
Harry would be one of those who Brad's comments weren't aimed at. The kid is an absolute gem and born club man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought there was chatter that his attitude wasn't where it needs to be?

I do recall reading this somewhere along the way as well.

One year deal makes sense; he's struggled to stay on the park long enough to even see whether he'll be a decent / good player at AFL level. Gives us the flexibility to extend / delist him depending on how 2023 pans out instead of being tied to an additional year.

He only got a game at the start of the year because of Wright's injury.

Very presumptuous to say his attitude is fine.

He finished last year in the best 22, it's no that presumptuous to think that Scott also thought he was best 22 as well.

He's looked a player devoid of confidence since he hit the post against the Pies. That was a genuine turning point for him, and not for the better unfortunately.

He finished last year in the best 22, it's no that presumptuous to think that Scott also thought he was best 22 as well.

He's looked a player devoid of confidence since he hit the post against the Pies. That was a genuine turning point for him, and not for the better unfortunately.
No, if you actually go back to round one he was going to play VFL before Wright got injured.

Doubtful. He’s very coachable, wouldn’t need a public spray to get his s**t together. And as far as his lifestyle he seems to spend his personal time helping around the club, lives and breathes Essendon.
I am with Lore on this. He is 120% committed. He was at all the VFL games . Sitting with the coaches. Talking to the guys in the breaks .
The one year deal is simply due to the injuries and not being a proven performer. Suspect there will be a trigger in it to negotiate again once he reaches a certain point.

I thought there was chatter that his attitude wasn't where it needs to be?
There was but he did take it on board and basically made the footy club his home . Got involved in everything. He got a bit of a reality check for getting in front of himself but that is well gone .

No, if you actually go back to round one he was going to play VFL before Wright got injured.

I might be thinking of someone else but I thought he missed a couple of weeks of pre season with an ankle that put him behind the 8 ball and they were nursing him back?

I might be thinking of someone else but I thought he missed a couple of weeks of pre season with an ankle that put him behind the 8 ball and they were nursing him back?
He did miss some pre season time . If Wright did not get injured it was out of him and Weideman for the CHF spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #23: Harrison Jones - Clocks up 50th game v Gold Coast - 5/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back