Player Watch #24: Trent Rivers – midfield gun (imagine my surprise)

Remove this Banner Ad

I like his over-head marking as a mid, as although Trac is super strong 1v1 his overhead marking isn't a consistent feature of his game. Clarry the same.

He's already a friggen unit. Going to be a beast running through the middle when he's 26-27.

We should give him the hands from outside 50 and let him kick the Bernie Vince specials. He's done 1 or 2 of these but I want it to become a thing.

Great to have an up and coming midfielder who has good skills and is good overhead locked in for four more years. Badly need that point of difference that Viney, Harmes, Sparrow etc don't offer.

Nah I remember he claimed Jackson was about to sign a two year deal then backpeddled late in the year. I think he claimed Grundy but that was well after the media had gotten hold of it. Think he also claimed Yze was leaving too.
What happened to Devastating Boris? He was always cooking up bullshit as well.

Now if they can get Salem into the midfield aswell we'll be cooking
What an enigma Salem is now. Just about best afield in the first half of the 2021 GF, but hasn't played good footy since and/or injured. Now Rivers, McVee, Bowey and Brayshaw our looking great as small/medium defenders.

Salem might be a trade option if he doesn't find another role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Claimed Jackson was gone but everyone was claiming that as it always seemed likely. Don’t recall anything else. The only people ever on this board who have had mail are the dogs supporters last year saying hunter and schache were coming here, and the hawks poster who gave TK all that draft info.
As a verified ITK poster, the lack of acknowledgement from you in this post is deeply insulting. As punishment, I demand you watch every game of our 2012-13 seasons back to back

Very happy to lock him in for another 4 years.
I think he, Rivers, is our direct replacement for Hibbo.
Hibbo's last year, in 2023, I reckon. So Rivers I see as the replacement. Plays tall or small.

McVee, I see as our small defender; and I see both able to go on-ball at times. I can see McVee being both small defender, and sometimes a run-with mid.

What an enigma Salem is now. Just about best afield in the first half of the 2021 GF, but hasn't played good footy since and/or injured. Now Rivers, McVee, Bowey and Brayshaw our looking great as small/medium defenders.

Salem might be a trade option if he doesn't find another role.

Would rather move Salem into the midfield and HFF rotations and trade Harmes instead tbh.

Opinion of this kid is getting higher and higher as the season rolls on.

Having a cracker of a year, and his last piece of play off half-back on Friday was outstanding.

Still think he's going to be a gun midfielder in the long run – tough, quick, evasive and can absolutely launch the ball. Good size for a mid at 188cm/88+kg, too.

Hopefully Goody sees the light eventually, but have thoroughly enjoyed his performances down back this year. Reckon he's every chance to be top three in the B&F behind Trac and Viney.

Opinion of this kid is getting higher and higher as the season rolls on.

Having a cracker of a year, and his last piece of play off half-back on Friday was outstanding.

Still think he's going to be a gun midfielder in the long run – tough, quick, evasive and can absolutely launch the ball. Good size for a mid at 188cm/88+kg, too.

Hopefully Goody sees the light eventually, but have thoroughly enjoyed his performances down back this year. Reckon he's every chance to be top three in the B&F behind Trac and Viney.
I've loved the aggression and confidence he has shown this year.

I've been a knocker in the past, mainly about him going to water in finals, so I hope he continues this good form into the finals this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #24: Trent Rivers – midfield gun (imagine my surprise)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back