AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - 📦 Traded to GWS for Pick #53 - 16/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Same as Snelling/Langford, should be back post bye.
Unlike Snelling and Langford, Murphy hasn't explicitly said "won't see him until after the bye", which he's repeated every week in relation to the other two. The original estimate was 3-4 weeks at the start of May so that would be the Port or Carlton games if he comes straight in and doesn't play VFL first.

Watching the video he's doing a fair bit of training on it already, but no change of direction and not top speed. I'd expect him to play against Carlton (especially with the 150 games celebrations they're scheduling for that game).

Murphy "Yeah nothing new for String, just getting some good running volume in, slowly increasing his speed, getting some good strength work in, and getting a good block of work in which is important at this stage of his rehab".

In the video:

Reconditioning block, should be back after the bye.
“Jake’s progressing well. He’s in more of a reconditioning block and building some high volumes of high-speed running and training, so he’s been putting the work in and he’s well on track to be back after the bye,” Kane said.

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

After the bye obviously doesn’t mean immediately after the bye
I had Stringer, Snelling and Langford slated for next week (R14) based on the comments of Sean Murphy.

Stewart, Guelfi, Caldwell, Ridley should be over their injuries this week though (Caldwell and Ridley played before the bye anyway but were perhaps a bit off-colour so should be back to their best now and back in the midfield rotation for Caldwell).

Ready to go.
In very positive news, midfielder-forward Jake Stringer is looming as an availability for round 13’s contest.

Stringer has not played since round seven after suffering a hamstring strain during training.

After a cautious approach and passing several intense sessions, Murphy said the 28-year-old had done everything to be right for selection.

“’String’s’ at the back of his rehab now,” he said.

“He’s ticked off some good sessions over the last few weeks. Over the bye, he had a couple of solid sessions so he’s ready to go.

“He’ll train fully at Wednesday’s main training, and he’ll be up for selection this weekend.”

Ready to go.

Fremantle copped some flak for bringing back Fyfe through the reserves, but I think every team should consider this. Surely if they come back at the lower level for a game or 2 then you can ease them into playing again instead of coming straight into a higher intensity. I think Stringer would benefit from this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fremantle copped some flak for bringing back Fyfe through the reserves, but I think every team should consider this. Surely if they come back at the lower level for a game or 2 then you can ease them into playing again instead of coming straight into a higher intensity. I think Stringer would benefit from this.
Freo are also going great guns and can afford to do that.

Agree. They ****ed it up last time.
Freo are also going great guns and can afford to do that.
True but I think we should do the same. Not like he fires on all cylinders first up anyway and it is likely to be a scrappy game. 75% VFL. :cool:

Rutten and everyone else is under so much pressure that they will do anything to try and get some wins. I feel he should definitely come back through reserves but I don’t think he ever has before. Very disappointed with his year after all the pre season bullshit about how fit he was. Once again the inability of our medical/fitness
staff to keep players in the game has killed us.

He’s had five weeks off for a 3-4 week injury, he shouldn’t be that far off the mark… they could’ve rushed him back before the bye but he’s had a couple of weeks of training instead.

Won’t be top nick like you’d expect after an uninterrupted pre-season, but shouldn’t be that rusty, the way he might’ve been last year or the year before.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - 📦 Traded to GWS for Pick #53 - 16/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back