AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - 📦 Traded to GWS for Pick #53 - 16/10

Remove this Banner Ad

really the guy is on, what, 700k? he's overweight for his job. not that hard separate the 'fat shaming' from the 'professionalism'.

i'd hope brad scott has the balls to tell him his place is contingent on meeting certain fitness criteria. too long has this shit been allowed at our club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injury Update: Modified program until Christmas due to groin soreness - 26/11
He is hardly in shocking state. Maybe 3kg over his ideal playing weight right now. Also has a minor injury issue at the moment.

He is hardly in shocking state. Maybe 3kg over his ideal playing weight right now. Also has a minor injury issue at the moment.
^^This

I expected to see Mick Nolan when I read the comments. Seriously, in a professional modern footy club he could trim up in 2 weeks if he wanted to with all the dietitians, trainers etc.

I was having a laugh reading the last couple pages as I thought people were just taking the piss, as Jake is a pretty easy target given his history with his fitness.

Joking aside, it's good he came back a couple weeks early, shows good commitment. The whole team realise that fitness has been constantly pointed out as a failing at the club, so anyone who doesn't put in 110% over the pre-season is going to be highlighted next year by the media, and I doubt any of them would want that.

Some shit calls in this thread.. we are 4 session into preseason. Jake wasn’t fit last year due to injury so not surprising to see him come back not being absolutely shredded. He’s on the track early and putting in the work.. if you aren’t happy with that you have no idea.. oh yeah big footy…

Look, he’s allowed to be a bit behind the 8 ball I guess, and yep an injury. He can likely still get fit enough.

But I will say that some of the people defending him are the same who post about being sick of mediocrity at the club

Look at Nic Martin’s off season and the shape he is in. Think about how powerful it would be to see our talismanic, well paid match winner come back ahead of the curve instead of behind it, and the message that would send to others

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - 📦 Traded to GWS for Pick #53 - 16/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back