AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - 📦 Traded to GWS for Pick #53 - 16/10

Remove this Banner Ad

It is not

The club and Rosa played this terribly

Were paying his salary and pick 53
Where are you getting that from? He signed a new two year deal with the Giants to play there so I'd be surprised if we were still paying him anything.

It is not

The club and Rosa played this terribly

Were paying his salary and pick 53
There was almost no demand for Jake, not even from his own club. This shaped the trade price. We were lucky to get anything for him at all.

It doesn’t matter that he kicked 42 goals. He’s only worth what someone’s willing to pay for him, which in this case was only pick 53.

We didn't want to give him 2 years.

Jake found a club that did.

We didn't stand in his way of getting a better deal.

It's what mature, professionally run clubs do.

It's a positive step.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the comments about us paying his wage were related to us seeing if we could get a higher pick? I haven't seen anything said about that since the trade went through.

Seeya Packo.
Provided some great moments, some fat moments, some amazing goals and a really impactful centre bounce appearance 3 or 4 times a year... sometimes less...
To his credit I don't think he showed up in the tabloids a single time during his tenure at the Bombers and even though he's not a Bomber anymore I will still defend him from the shit bloke allegations.

If he had maintained his early year form all season there's no way we'd be trading him. But the reality is he absolutely fizzled out this year, and for every 1 freakish goal from the pocket he slotted there were 3 moments he had a chance to kick a clutch goal from directly in front that he sprayed. That happened way too often this year, and always at a crucial moment.

Best of luck at GWS. I've got this feeling it could go badly for GWS next year. But if they get Jake Stringer working his ass off for 365 days he could still have a massive year. A fresh start has more of a chance of getting that out of him than we did.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - 📦 Traded to GWS for Pick #53 - 16/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back