AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - The lo, rumour mill spins

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he should find a new home. He has the ability but it is no good in our forward mix. Not that I think it will happen.
I’m torn.

He, Wright and Langford seem to have little synergy…..but is is because they just don’t work or we haven’t been able to unlock the potential? We have little history of developing coherent, effective forward units that play for each other….so can’t rule out the latter.

I’m also open to the idea they just don’t complement each other and someone needs to move on. If that’s Stringer then so be it. Hopefully we aren’t to in thrall to his status to make the move if we think that’s the right one.

Jake Stringer take the ball and don't try a completely unrealistic fend challenge (impossible)

honestly I didn't have much of a problem with most of the hail mary stuff. the biggest problem I had was that one when he went for a drop punt trying to slide it over May who was the last man. may as go for the torp there.

the actual problem is that for most of the 2nd and 3rd quarter, whenever we actually picked the damn ball up in the forward half the player with the ball basically couldn't do anything but try for hail marys (which can broadly be summed up as: hoping May somehow stuffed something up)

even that last one, we needed 3 goals in 3 minutes and we had been pushed to the boundary, we kinda need to get a miracle goal there.

Last edited:
lazy suggestion for the thread title:

#25: Jake Stringer - Lazy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove "5 snags against The West Coast - 23/6" from the thread title and leave the truth remaining

Lazy.

Can add selfish and undeserving of another contract.

At least he put himself in a position to win the footy all night.
Stringer was the least of our worries and his contest work and defensive pressure have been top-notch this year. He has a sub-par game when everyone else is putrid and he becomes the easy target because he tries to make things happen

At least he put himself in a position to win the footy all night.
I think that's probably why I'm being softer on him than others. Yes some of the stuff was poorly executed, but **** me, past the 10 min mark of Q1, Caddy, Langford, Guelfi & Wright were anonymous. Given what we got from the others, I'll take hail marys when he clearly didn't burn any team mates anyway

*Langford finished strongly

Should instruct his manager to explore all options. He owes us nothing and we owe him nothing. Happy for him to stay and happy for him to head elsewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - The lo, rumour mill spins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back