AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a high quality player and I really like him but the mix simply isn't right with him there. In doubt he moves states but any of Brisbane, Freo, Gold Coast, GWS, Melbourne or Port are probably closer than us and would be able to use him.

He looks a bit frustrated at how the footy is coming in. Often he has been in good spots but we have had a total inability to kick the ball to his advantage. Thought he has dropped his bundle a few times this year and played a bit of lazy selfish footy . Personally I am not keeping him . I just do not see how it works with him and Langford and maybe Perkins who clearly need to go back to possibly being a forward. I suspect they will give him two years but it will be a mistake. Even his center bounce clearance stuff is not giving us any rewards.

He looks a bit frustrated at how the footy is coming in. Often he has been in good spots but we have had a total inability to kick the ball to his advantage. Thought he has dropped his bundle a few times this year and played a bit of lazy selfish footy . Personally I am not keeping him . I just do not see how it works with him and Langford and maybe Perkins who clearly need to go back to possibly being a forward. I suspect they will give him two years but it will be a mistake. Even his center bounce clearance stuff is not giving us any rewards.
He’d have to be close to the worst centre bounce player in the comp over the past 2 months

he also is regularly part of the 'dogshit delivery', that is, he is often delivering it dogshittedly.

he is also clueless without the ball.
We'd have to agree to disagree. I saw him burned multiple times when he was the target, i saw him hit targets when delivering inside 50 and he layed 4 tackles and had 17 pressure acts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

as little as he did with the ball the bigger indictment is on our small forward cohort because stringer had more pressure acts tackles/tackles inside 50 than any of them.
Lack of decent small forwards is the biggest issue for this team, its why the ball pings out of our forward 50 at a rate of knots. Jake is an easy target but he is meant to be the "icing on the cake" X factor guy, you can carry a guy like him if the smalls are doing their job.

He’s definitely suffering from age related regression. Think it’s time to put an end to his centre bounce stints and let him focus on being effective as a forward
yeah since the ANZAC day game he has lost his one touch clearance ability, has fumbled a lot more this season than I have ever noticed before. Now that shiel is back and Parish will be back soon I dont think we need to use him at CBs.

But goddamn that performance on ANZAC day :hearteyes:

yeah since the ANZAC day game he has lost his one touch clearance ability, has fumbled a lot more this season than I have ever noticed before. Now that shiel is back and Parish will be back soon I dont think we need to use him at CBs.

But goddamn that performance on ANZAC day :hearteyes:

Yeah I don’t think he’s done as a footballer. He’s still dangerous forward of centre and his pressure at ground level has been pretty handy this season

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back