AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - The lo, rumour mill spins

Remove this Banner Ad

Serious question, guys:

If you could have the time over again, would you still want the club to trade Jake in?

Yeah, I would.

The negatives exist and are real, but watching the footy's meant to be about having fun.

He's a 10/10 on the entertainment scale. The 10-odd games he's won for us off his own boot have been worth it for mine.

Now's the right time to let him go, and I fully understand the frustrations people have/had with him, but I've enjoyed watching him play.

Serious question, guys:

If you could have the time over again, would you still want the club to trade Jake in?
Serious question:

If you could have the time over again, would you still want the club to trade Jake out?

Serious question:

If you could have the time over again, would you still want the club to trade Jake out?
With the problems he was - allegedly - causing, yes.

Seemed tough at the time as he was a fan favourite, but when stories started leaking out the tide turned quickly.

He's still probably seen as something of a flawed genius by the Dogs.

Will be interesting to see if he shows up at the 2016 flag reunion!

Seemed tough at the time as he was a fan favourite, but when stories started leaking out the tide turned quickly.

Well I remember Dogs fans telling us how they'd just shoot back up the ladder without Jake's "problems" holding them back.

Turns out that wasn't exactly true.

The last time Stringer kicked over 40 goals was 2021 when he was in the AA squad.

Now the question is, if the Dogs had that Stringer in the 2021 GF, would they have scored more? Wouldn't be crazy to say, yes. Ooo, what might've been.

If you're asking if we won the trade, then yes. Yes we did.

The dream scenario is hes fit and could rotate with DeGoey mid-forward. Would be a dangerous combo. The likely scenario is not this
His days in the middle are done. You'd still throw him in as a hail mary in the 2nd half of an important game to mix things up if needed. But you wouldn't want to recruit him now with regular midfield time in mind. His body doesn't hold up to the demand, it never actually has.

Didnt he snap one off in someones locker or similar?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit rank, but as we know plenty of stuff goes on in your 20s that makes you cringe. Stringer is human. Definitely glad he played for us, highly entertaining player.
Yeah, he was great to watch in his time with us, too. Especially in 2015, when he was AA.

Confused Little Girl GIF

Looks like no one’s interested in Jake.

Could be the best thing for him. Massive kick in the arse, if he wants to squeeze another 800k out of footy he has to do it here and make the effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - The lo, rumour mill spins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back