Player Watch #25: Paul Curtis - has signed a three-year extension until end of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

If anything we've kinda missed his steady progression to date.

Debuted year 1 (cheated of a best first year gong in a sop to the bull milker) and has shown incremental improvement since which includes some eye-catching moments.

Zurhaar, Curtis, Duursma are the sort of guys you could imagine running rampant for us in a premiership year.

Debuted year 1 (cheated of a best first year gong in a sop to the bull milker) and has shown incremental improvement since which includes some eye-catching moments.

Zurhaar, Curtis, Duursma are the sort of guys you could imagine running rampant for us in a premiership year.
I think his best has gotten better but his worst has gotten worse, would love him to close the gap between the two and become a reliably consistent performer with moments of brilliance.

That's PC, X and Chom now, who have all extended deals ahead of their contract year next year. LDU next!
And rightly so! Those 3 in particular have been monumental in our improvement, and more importantly were playing well when we were going bad. Along with Sheez and a few others, the standards have been lifted by the young brigade.

People who don't know footy massively underestimate how difficult it is to play that position. Yes, there are areas he needs to improve but overall PC is progressing really well. Looks every bit a future match winner

People who don't know footy massively underestimate how difficult it is to play that position. Yes, there are areas he needs to improve but overall PC is progressing really well. Looks every bit a future match winner
Throw him in a top 4, stable, defensively tight side and he'd be terrorising opponents LT style.

I love what Curtis brings to the table, but anyone saying his defensive game is anything above below average has NM blinkers on...

Paul Curtis defensive attitude is summed up at the 6.55 mark of the 1st quarter.

Can't be ****ed.

He has offence oozing out of his arse but definitely needs to work hard on his defensive intensity and work rate.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Believe it or not, Paul is rated equal 2nd in the league for tackles inside 50, 1 tackle behind the leader

Tank lets him down, which to an untrained eye, i'd say he's improved at a commensurate rate to his time in professional footy. He's getting up the ground and making an impact, tends to win contests on the wing when we're pressed up defending.

He's one of the very few players at the club who i'm fine with saving his reserves for attacking footy. In the coming years when he knows he's got the tickets to burn, i'd bet he'll be hunting HTB tackles as another avenue to goal and holding his own in the press.

Edit* another great extension and showing of commitment to the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #25: Paul Curtis - has signed a three-year extension until end of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Back