Player Watch #25: Paul Curtis - has signed a three-year extension until end of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge effort from Paul and Tommie to finish top 5. Both well deserved.

So, 3 of the top 5 played their 50th game during the season, one hasn't yet hit 50 and the winner just played his 100th.

I'm stupidly optimistic every pre-season, but this is surely a great sign for the future.

Huge effort from Paul and Tommie to finish top 5. Both well deserved.

So, 3 of the top 5 played their 50th game during the season, one hasn't yet hit 50 and the winner just played his 100th.

I'm stupidly optimistic every pre-season, but this is surely a great sign for the future.
Great to see such a positive post.

I look at our top 10 best and fairest and the majority of these players are the ones you want in there. The new group is now starting to establish itself and lead . Hopefully this translates in more wins going forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weirdly linear progression from Paul except for that match where he got dropped last year.

It's been mentioned but this guy with a tank would be one of the best small/mid forwards in the comp and his field kicking would be a huge asset for us.

50 games in and progressing really well.
This guy finished 1 position behind Harry in our BF …
Could not be a bigger gap between them ….miles apart

This guy finished 1 position behind Harry in our BF …
Could not be a bigger gap between them ….miles apart
And the votes quite clearly reflected that.

What is a small forward?

I heard thursfield say that we have some young small forward options. Some scoffed.

But Curtis is a genuine small forward isn’t he?

He averages comfortably more tackles
Inside 50 than

Papley
Ah chee
Watson
Cameron
Rankin
Rayner
K Pickett

Infact we know that Curtis is 16th in the comp for ave i50 tackles, im yet to see who are the players infront of him.

But there are other important parts to a small forwards game. Namely kicking and setting up goals. Being opportunistic. I’d argue tick tick tick.

He’s got clear areas of the game to work on. Staying involved and not switching off. Covering more ground as fitness improves. Improving goal/behind ratio. Lacks a yard that the other best small forwards possess.

All in all, for his 3rd season PC has produced inspired but statistically significant football.

He’s on his way to becoming a premier small forward in the game.

What is a small forward?

I heard thursfield say that we have some young small forward options. Some scoffed.

But Curtis is a genuine small forward isn’t he?

He averages comfortably more tackles
Inside 50 than

Papley
Ah chee
Watson
Cameron
Rankin
Rayner
K Pickett

Infact we know that Curtis is 16th in the comp for ave i50 tackles, im yet to see who are the players infront of him.

But there are other important parts to a small forwards game. Namely kicking and setting up goals. Being opportunistic. I’d argue tick tick tick.

He’s got clear areas of the game to work on. Staying involved and not switching off. Covering more ground as fitness improves. Improving goal/behind ratio. Lacks a yard that the other best small forwards possess.

All in all, for his 3rd season PC has produced inspired but statistically significant football.

He’s on his way to becoming a premier small forward in the game.
Can’t argue against that. He has small forward craft too, his front and centre work is spot on, gets himself into the right positions at the right time to swoop on that crumb. Its unfortunate it doesn’t happen to regularly because we are out marked a lot in our forward line. All in all, he’s a really good pick up and the bastard is tough, loves a scrap. Gets massive ticks from me

Can’t argue against that. He has small forward craft too, his front and centre work is spot on, gets himself into the right positions at the right time to swoop on that crumb. Its unfortunate it doesn’t happen to regularly because we are out marked a lot in our forward line. All in all, he’s a really good pick up and the bastard is tough, loves a scrap. Gets massive ticks from me

Next to Larkey, this guy could potentially benefit the most from Darling leading and drawing away an additional defender. Can mark, can crumb, looked absolutely deadly semi-frequently this year. Would love to see him go to the next level in 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #25: Paul Curtis - has signed a three-year extension until end of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Back