Player Watch #25: Paul Curtis

Remove this Banner Ad

If Pauly can go into a few centre bounces and have an impact, why not give Eddie Ford a couple of cracks at it too ?

Eddie was a bloody solid clearance player at junior level in a pretty garbage side.

I’ve banged on about him getting a chance through the midfield for ages.

Eddie was a bloody solid clearance player at junior level in a pretty garbage side.

I’ve banged on about him getting a chance through the midfield for ages.

Reality is we aren't getting a high quality big bodied mid from outside the club, so we need to develop one internally and/or draft them.

Reality is we aren't getting a high quality big bodied mid from outside the club, so we need to develop one internally and/or draft them.

It just surprises me that in this day and age of heavy rotating and combined with having a young team that we don't put more players through the centre square.

There is no reason why Sheezel, Goater, Curtis and Ford all couldn't rotate through there at times. It makes your midfield less predictable and takes the burden off our younger guys.

It just surprises me that in this day and age of heavy rotating and combined with having a young team that we don't put more players through the centre square.

There is no reason why Sheezel, Goater, Curtis and Ford all couldn't rotate through there at times. It makes your midfield less predictable and takes the burden off our younger guys.
Seth Meyers Reaction GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

PC will be off to Port year after next - can feel it in me bones.

bloke I used to work with had a son in the AU Olympic swimming program. Coaches used to demand that he consume more chicken. Not the free range no-added hormone stuff either.

And asthma puffers for all.
Geez. Those things used to be passed around like bongs at a hippy convention when I played. I used to get annoyed though because most people don't use them properly. After I dislocated my shoulder and tried to come back my doc (who was a formerly a VFL club doctor) prescribed certain pills that he told me to take before and after training and matches - told me that a lot of VFL players were using them at the time. I saw them on 4-corners a couple of years later when they did a report on drug use in sport. The asthma puffers also featured.

Is their lack of fitness the reason? To play midfield at AFL level, you need to be an elite runner. Simple as that.
If these guys haven’t, or won’t, put in the monster preseasons required to play AFL midfield, then they really have no right to be in there.

Is their lack of fitness the reason? To play midfield at AFL level, you need to be an elite runner. Simple as that.
If these guys haven’t, or won’t, put in the monster preseasons required to play AFL midfield, then they really have no right to be in there.

I'm sure they could all handle 5-10 minute bursts. The mob who are currently in there at most of our CBA's and stoppages aren't fit enough yet either. It's about spreading the load and giving more youngster exposure in there. Never know what you might unearth when you rotate players through the midfield.

I'm sure they could all handle 5-10 minute bursts. The mob who are currently in there at most of our CBA's and stoppages aren't fit enough yet either. It's about spreading the load and giving more youngster exposure in there. Never know what you might unearth when you rotate players through the midfield.
I'm with yah on this. I have found it interesting that we have not run more players through the middle. :stern look

Maybe just maybe it might bring them into the game more as well.
Can't be fun sitting in the forward line watch the ball come in three times a quarter and spring out as quickly it came in.
# weird knock on effect

Yes Sheezel needs to apply himself more, good call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back