Autopsy Rd 11, 2022 - Loss vs. Saints - Jack's 250th

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you use WD40 or do you go for a light oil such as sewing machine oil? I'd rather know about that then read on in this thread...

...but you know what. I'll punish myself.
Here’s another project to distract yourself with. It’s for my sisters 50th which was a couple of months ago now, some rebuilds take time I guess 😬 DAE13786-1530-409E-B65B-B8EABA642B5B.jpeg

Is it wrong of me being envious that you were unable to go?

I went again, but I am starting to wonder why, when it’s just out of some blind loyalty.

Staying at home and individually plucking pubic hairs would be more of a pleasant experience than watching us at the moment.
It’s not wrong not to want to go. Or not go if you can’t make it. I left at 3/4 time.
But we go when we can, because we barrack for North Melbourne. We go because we love North Melbourne. We go to support North Melbourne.
When the whole footy world is kicking the shit out your team when it’s down, you go.
When the wheel turns the shinboner spirit will be flowing again…. I saw it in Jed today and in JHF when he ran down Brad Hill. You can’t buy it or bottle it. I can’t wait for more players to show the same effort and passion and shinboner spirit, and for us to be back winning games again. Thats why we go to the footy

Good news is we’ve played the top 8 teams through 11 rounds. That’s tough.

Bad news is the number of players in the current 22 who cannot be seriously considered capable at the level or taking us forward. Perez, Young, Hayden, Walker, Greenwood, Turner, Xerri, and the captain is really just filling a spot on the teamsheet.

That’s more than a third of todays 22 to cut….

Last edited:
We have won only one (by a point) of our last 18 quarters, have conceded 100+ points in our last 7 games and only scored 10 or more goals once in the last six. The guys are trying, but they are not even getting the "small" wins that give them hope they are heading in the right direction. With two "easier" games hopefully we can get a few "small" wins and build on those after the bye.

We have won only one (by a point) of our last 18 quarters, have conceded 100+ points in our last 7 games and only scored 10 or more goals once in the last six. The guys are trying, but they are not even getting the "small" wins that give them hope they are heading in the right direction. With two "easier" games hopefully we can get a few "small" wins and build on those after the bye.
Bullshit. Noble said we’re tracking well on qtrs won compared to last year.

Didn't realise that reminding Saint's fans for every 1000 fans through the gate today was proportionate to $1m of debt they're currently in, is regarded as "anti-social behaviour".

Did anyone play on Brad Hill or Gresham today?

Good news is we’ve played the top 8 teams through 11 rounds. That’s tough.

Bad news is the number of players in the current 22 who cannot be seriously considered capable at the level or taking us forward. Perez, Young, Hayden, Walker, Greenwood, Turner, Xerri, and the captain is really just filling a spot on the teamsheet.

That’s more than a third of todays 22 to cut….
I remember when we all looked forward to Perez getting a good run of games. He has seemingly been written off pretty quickly since then.
And, although it goes against my earlier posts, Young has been showing a bit.
Think we have to give Walker another 12 months too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing lots of pointing the finger at Noble...

The team is so hamstrung by the lack of mobile tall targets. It is why they tried the ruck experiment in round 1 so we could have a 'get out of jail' exit to the wing. Problem was that those players aren't ready nor can they consistently present a contest. Another obvious problem is that they are rucks not Petries/Waites.

When we had Waite, Petrie Brown and co. we didn't have any forwards good enough to replace them. A big WTF moment from the list management of old, and the one that left.

We also didn't prioritise the fitness conditioning of the types that were good players (Black) and then dicked around with drafting half backs with no good skills and discards with no unique talent. Brilliant.

We had shot ourselves in the foot before Noble even walked in and no wonder we can't score!

Where do we get our goals from? Larkey is too slow to get separation and relies on defenders falling asleep, Zurhaar gets separation but his set shot is either brilliant or horrible. JZ is past his prime and can't kick 4 goals a game for us anymore.

So, I ask again, where do we get our goals from knowing all those deficiencies?

Who is our threatening target?

The team needs someone they can look up and know 'yep I'm gonna kick it to this bloke because he has super glue hands'. Our rucks can't do it for us all the time.
You talk fwd line and yet on one highlight when the saints foaled off the deck the 4 Roos in D50 were turner, walker, Hayden and young
For a team rebuilding none are part of the future

I swear we’ve accepted mentally we’re shit and can’t win. We don’t have any confidence. That’s on the coaches and our training imo.

We’re is the belief? All so much talk about being “United” and blah blah but nothing happens in game.

The public messaging about process. education, learning, “we’re on a journey”, “this is we’re we expected to be” offers nothing to inspire players about a sense of purpose on match day; no wonder we play with the intensity and urgency of a
D grade Amateurs training session.

As you say, the players have had it drummed into them (at least through the public messaging, and maybe after the Brisbane loss) that “we’re shit”, and are playing accordingly.

I still believe this list (especially the under 25s) is better than the results suggest, however their confidence in everything that is important for individual and team performance is ‘shot’.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The Admin and Coaching Group might be trying to portray a united front, but I’m not sure the playing group are drinking the kool aid?

There is a lot of words coming out, but not much evidence of them being anything but empty words.
not allowed to say that mate

apparently the results on the field are only the fault of the players and nothing to do with anything that nobles says is going well in his press conferences because he speaks so well

The public messaging about process. education, learning, “we’re on a journey”, “this is we’re we expected to be” offers nothing to inspire players about a sense of purpose on match day; no wonder we play with the intensity and urgency of a
D grade Amateurs training session.

As you say, the players have had it drummed into them (at least through the public messaging, and maybe after the Brisbane loss) that “we’re shit”, and are playing accordingly.

I still believe this list (especially the under 25s) is better than the results suggest, however their confidence in everything that is important for individual and team performance is ‘shot’.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This. The messaging needs to change

So we’ve now lost our last 7 (since the Sydney game) by an average of 10 goals. By all accounts that’s pretty shit.

It’s pretty bloody hard to sit through 120 minutes of football to see maybe a combined 4 minutes of good footy from these clowns.
It's the season that got away from us. If we just didn't lose so many games by an average of 10 goals, we'd be in the top 4 and a flag threat.

Now we just have to settle for challenging to make finals.

Didn't realise that reminding Saint's fans for every 1000 fans through the gate today was proportionate to $1m of debt they're currently in, is regarded as "anti-social behaviour".

Did anyone play on Brad Hill or Gresham today?
There was a dickhead behind me who yelled that JHF will be doing that for Adelaide in 2 years time when he put the big chase and spoil on. I told him to shut up dickhead and he told me can’t you take a bit of humour? I then told him here was a bit of my humour and asked him how it felt to barrack for a club that hadn’t won a flag since the 1800’s? Called us a rabble as I was walking out and then I told him how I had at least seen 2 flags in my lifetime.

For some reason he didn’t like my humour?

There was a dickhead behind me who yelled that JHF will be doing that for Adelaide in 2 years time when he put the big chase and spoil on. I told him to shut up dickhead and he told me can’t you take a bit of humour? I then told him here was a bit of my humour and asked him how it felt to barrack for a club that hadn’t won a flag since the 1800’s? Called us a rabble as I was walking out and then I told him how I had at least seen 2 flags in my lifetime.

For some reason he didn’t like my humour?

I had some kent behind me say something about not being too late to join as a Saints member. My draft response was brief (two or three words).

They're worse than Essendon fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back