Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part II] - will honor his contract and play on at NMFC in 2024, so says the reality TV manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. The politeness expected from men has disappeared.

Recently I was at a pub and my sister in law came to join the group I was with. She was unknown to all. The two old fashioned blokes, born and bred country gentlemen, both stood. The younger city slickers merely said hello, remained sitting and drank up.

Mrs DF noticed.

Today is worse.

The most egregious of all male behaviours that can be exhibited towards women: not standing up.

socrates.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VFL, subject to AFL approval
AFL will not say no.

This is the club's way of making it their problem IMO. If they say no at any point and it is unjustified if / when TT comes with hand out for restraint of trade or the accusations start flying NM will just say the AFL told us he couldn't play.

So despite all the bad attitude and disrespect towards woman, the club still want him back in the seniors? Are they fattening him up for sale or was the whole banishment thing window dressing to appease the media and AFL?

Do supporters want him back? Will all be forgiven if he starts playing quality senior footy?
No doubt there are supporters who are deeply invested in the prospect of Tarryn failing. Those supporters are among god's special few - they never made a mistake in their lives, they are without sin, and therefore they have the authority to cast the first stone.

Do supporters want him back? Will all be forgiven if he starts playing quality senior footy?
I think part of being a supporter is believing that your club offers betterment to the lives of people involved in it.

Having said that, its not really for us to forgive, we aren't the alleged victims.

If Sonja, Jenn and Todd say he's fit to throw on the guernsey, that's good enough for me.

No doubt there are supporters who are deeply invested in the prospect of Tarryn failing. Those supporters are among god's special few - they never made a mistake in their lives, they are without sin, and therefore they have the authority to cast the first stone.
Pretty much. A lot of people will never forgive (because of previous trauma / concerns) which is fair enough if that's how they feel. A lot will continue to give him grief even if he becomes a model citizen because he doesn't play for their team. After that there will be a lot that will continue to get stuck into him for some decidedly slimy reasons.

Personally I'll be happy if he can get himself together for his sake as much as anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back