Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part II] - will honor his contract and play on at NMFC in 2024, so says the reality TV manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do we expect him to get booed by opposition supporters when he returns like jhf? A real possibility given his behaviour. Wouldn't be good for him staying on track mentally and also wouldn't be long before the race card is played
Doubt he would tbh

Weirdly footy fans care more about footy loyalty than that offfield stuff (which is currently still just a few aggressive texts)

So do we expect him to get booed by opposition supporters when he returns like jhf? A real possibility given his behaviour. Wouldn't be good for him staying on track mentally and also wouldn't be long before the race card is played
I’ve a list of 17 North players to boo.

TT is number 12.

Reckon its a real chance tbh.

It is possible some miscreant will see the post and decide to get a bunch of mates on board and start it. I don't think it is overly likely but if it starts, others will think it is good fun to get on board.
That's the worry. Only takes some to do it at the start. Then the media makes a big deal out of it. Then people come out weekly telling people not to boo. That only makes people want to boo more. Then with Taz, unlike jhf you will inevitably have the same disgraceful thing that happened with goodes which is the race element being thrown into it by media or others which enflames things to a much greater extent. As you said clown will jump on board for all sorts of dumb reasons.
Like most, I don't condone anything Tarryn had done, especially as the dad of a young girl, but I hope he is given the chance to just get back to playing and continues prove that he has grown as a man.
Giving back with some charity work would be a good start.
I guess we'll find out pretty quickly what the sheeple will do.

If it happens he only has himself to blame.

Could be the type of person that it would make him more determined to play well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing is we're not, only when it suits.

Care to elaborate on "when it suits"?

Interesting Doc, I got told off for holding a door open for a Lady at work actually, apparently we're all the same. I just keep my head down now days.
Had similar. I hold the door open for anyone whatever their gender… but I guess I should refrain from being so elitist.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I hold the door open for people all the time and have never been told off for doing so.
Maybe there is some other element of your behaviour that is leading to certain reactions from women. A common thread in your attitudes towards the situation perhaps...

In what way?

Anyone who uses the phrase "race card" especially when no-one has suggested racism is clearly showing bias in a certain direction at the very least

That's the worry. Only takes some to do it at the start. Then the media makes a big deal out of it. Then people come out weekly telling people not to boo. That only makes people want to boo more. Then with Taz, unlike jhf you will inevitably have the same disgraceful thing that happened with goodes which is the race element being thrown into it by media or others which enflames things to a much greater extent. As you said clown will jump on board for all sorts of dumb reasons.

And there it is. Anyone still trying to justify the booing of Adam Goodes as definitely not racist is pretty much lost.

Last edited:
Imagine having an opinion on the nuances of booing. It’s booing. Who cares, I can think of way worse things to hurl at a player when at the footy, a boo is as moderated of an expression of discontent with the player or the game as it gets and people wanna Police that too? Get the **** out of here.

I don’t give a **** if he gets boo’ d or not. The pearl clutching and crying over the circumstances/reasons and all these mental gymnastics around booing to ascribe some narrative there is all just to generate headlines and clicks, and the coaches who are commentating on it are falling right into that by being emotional babies over it.

Ken Hinkley came off like a bald sobbing bitch.

Imagine having an opinion on the nuances of booing. It’s booing. Who cares, I can think of way worse things to hurl at a player when at the footy, a boo is as moderated of an expression of discontent with the player or the game as it gets and people wanna Police that too? Get the * out of here.

I don’t give a * if he gets boo’ d or not. The pearl clutching and crying over the circumstances/reasons and all these mental gymnastics around booing to ascribe some narrative there is all just to generate headlines and clicks, and the coaches who are commentating on it are falling right into that by being emotional babies over it.

Cause he is a bald, sobbing bitch.

Imagine having an opinion on the nuances of booing. It’s booing. Who cares, I can think of way worse things to hurl at a player when at the footy, a boo is as moderated of an expression of discontent with the player or the game as it gets and people wanna Police that too? Get the * out of here.

I don’t give a * if he gets boo’ d or not. The pearl clutching and crying over the circumstances/reasons and all these mental gymnastics around booing to ascribe some narrative there is all just to generate headlines and clicks, and the coaches who are commentating on it are falling right into that by being emotional babies over it.

EBAFBB6B-E606-406D-9758-A14991FAF241.gif

Anyone who uses the phrase "race card" especially when no-one has suggested racism is clearly showing bias in a certain direction at the very least

And there it is. Anyone still trying to justify the booing of Adam Goodes as definitely not racist is pretty much lost.
A bias towards being racist???

Anyone who thinks there was no elements of racism in the goodes booing is kidding themselves.
Anyone who thinks everyone who booed Adam goodes is a racist is kidding themselves.
Anyone who think the media didn't massively inflame the racist element of it for clicks is kidding themselves.
Anyone who thinks there is not a possibility of the same thing happening with Tarryn is kidding themselves.

Also to be clear people can boo as much as they want or not boo at all. I'm not losing a wink of sleep either way. Was simply an question/observation on what might happen given previous and current examples.
Move on.

Personally I can't forgive him because I'm not in a position to, it's not like he's done anything to me personally. That said I do think he's a w***er, and it if that's to change it will take a lot of time and lack of scandal. As for him playing I don't care, it's football not a daycare. If the AFL and Club tick him off as being ok to play then it's fine.

Monday Night Raw Reaction GIF by WWE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back