Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part II] - will honor his contract and play on at NMFC in 2024, so says the reality TV manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never booed him at all. But I was less of a fan after he pretty much labelled the majority of Australians as racist and bagged the country that gave him one of its highest honours.

If I was to boo him, it would have had nothing to do with the colour of his skin.

If I was a racist then why would I loved watching LT and been one of his biggest fans?

Yes how can I be racist when some of my best friends are black, right?

I never said racism doesn’t exist. But labelling people as racist if they did boo Adam Goodes, was ridiculous.
There were three types of people booing Goodes. 1. Rabid racists. 2. Morons following herd mentality. 3. People who disliked Goodes immensely and took the opportunity to boo under the cover of groups 1 and 2.

By the way, if anyone thinks they belonged to Group 3, they're delusional and need to take a good look in the mirror because I made up Group 3, it doesn't exist. There was really only Groups 1 and 2, and lots of crossover between the two groups.

Dude, you've just pantsed yourself in front of the whole forum. A proud blackfella who was being acknowledged as Australian of the Year due to his leadership and stance against racism, then makes some speeches about the very subject for which he is being honoured. But you wanted him to know his place and just accept things the way they are. Just wow, dude!
You don’t even know who I am as a person or my values.

The fact that you think I am asking for him to know his place shows how much of small minded individual you are and clearly of the opinion that because I don’t like Goodes the person and his he handled the issue, that makes me a racist. It’s the exact same attitude as Adam Goodes, I must be racist because I don’t agree with his point of view. It’s called an opinion, and just because it’s not the same as yours, an arseh*le like yourself has no right to label me as racist, you biggot. Yes I am calling you a biggot, look it up.

There were three types of people booing Goodes. 1. Rabid racists. 2. Morons following herd mentality. 3. People who disliked Goodes immensely and took the opportunity to boo under the cover of groups 1 and 2.

By the way, if anyone thinks they belonged to Group 3, they're delusional and need to take a good look in the mirror because I made up Group 3, it doesn't exist. There was really only Groups 1 and 2, and lots of crossover between the two groups.
What’s delusional and moronic is actually using the term rabid racists and thinking you know why people boo a player on a football field. For the record I never booed Adam Goodes, but you obviously assumed I did because I wasn’t a fan of his.

Are all the people that boo Jason Horne-Francis racist? Maybe they do it because they don’t like the individual?

Last edited:
So, Tarryn Thomas went alright today in the VFL.

What’s delusional and moronic is actually using the term rabid racists and thinking you know why people boo a player on a football field. For the record I never booed Adam Goodes, but you obviously assumed I did because I wasn’t a fan of his.

Are all the people that boo Jason Horne-Francis racist? Maybe they do it because they don’t like the individual?
Just curious as to why you disliked Adam Goodes so much?

I never booed him at all. But I was less of a fan after he pretty much labelled the majority of Australians as racist and bagged the country that gave him one of its highest honours.

If I was to boo him, it would have had nothing to do with the colour of his skin.

If I was a racist then why would I loved watching LT and been one of his biggest fans?

Spose you hate Grace Tame for highlighting terrible sexual abuse and treatment of women an Dylan Alcott too for talking about the plight and disadvantages of people with disabilities.

I have no issue with him acknowledging what happened in the past, I have issue with him putting blame on current day Australians for something that happened before their time.

Tell me why it’s so important for current day Australians to say sorry? So not saying sorry for something you never did is being racist?

Continually dredging up the past and attributing blame to people based on their heritage and not their actual actions, doesn’t do anyone any good.

Is their a timeframe on this or do people like Adam Goodes have the right to keep labelling Australians as being racist for the sins of the past?

This is a ridiculous argument. The fact that in this day and age anyone can be labelled a racist just because of their heritage shows how out of touch certain people are with this issue.
Again, not something Goodes has ever said or claimed. Considering the bolded is apparently your big issue with Goodes, I encourage you to revisit any comments made by him and then reassess why you personally find them so offensive.

So, Tarryn Thomas went alright today in the VFL.
turn it up love GIF

Dude, you've just pantsed yourself in front of the whole forum. A proud blackfella who was being acknowledged as Australian of the Year due to his leadership and stance against racism, then makes some speeches about the very subject for which he is being honoured. But you wanted him to know his place and just accept things the way they are. Just wow, dude!
Just wow? Haha, are you a teenage girl? Wow, just wow!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While play was actually going on?

No, he was good today. Looked happy, wasn’t surrounded by a crew, stuck with North people and was very obliging with supporters who approached him.

Didn’t see him later in the game, he probably didn’t want to drive home in traffic or had a night club gig.

Spose you hate Grace Tame for highlighting terrible sexual abuse and treatment of women a Dylan Alcott too for talking about the plight and disadvantages of people with disabilities.
Those same people didn’t come out and claim that everyone is a sexual abuser or everyone is putting down people with disabilities.

It’s a dangerous road when you want to generalise because of the actions of a few and in my opinion that’s the path Goodes went down. He didn’t like being booed so he played the race card and instead of acknowledging these were the actions of a few morons, wanted to brand everyone with the same label.

The original point was that if Tarryn gets booed, it will have nothing to do with him being indigenous, it will have everything to do with him being a bellend.

I

I was a member of the third, I hated goodes as much as I hate essendon and couldn’t stand him sulking for frees and doing cheap shots behind the ball. Add in that he was an umpires pet and shouldn’t have won either brownlows and he deserved every boo he got

I

I was a member of the third, I hated goodes as much as I hate essendon and couldn’t stand him sulking for frees and doing cheap shots behind the ball. Add in that he was an umpires pet and shouldn’t have won either brownlows and he deserved every boo he got
Did you boo Selwood at every opportunity?

Not denying any of the bolded either but it only seemed to become an issue for people after he started talking about other stuff in public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back