Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part II] - will honor his contract and play on at NMFC in 2024, so says the reality TV manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a certainty - then the media will say leave him alone - then more people will boo - then the club will say leave him alone - more people will boo - then the oppo team will implore their fans not to boo etc etc etc.

Who knows, opps might boo and the boys might just get around him, galvanise the young group a bit and bring him into the new fold

A lot of “contortions” going on in this thread. People trying to anticipate what “might” happen and getting outraged before the fact. It’s all very straightforward when you focus on what actually is happening in Tarryn’s life.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

pretty much no one if it's a north player. Will barely get mentioned.
This.

LT got booed all the time. No one gave a shit except North fans.

There were parts of his career where the commentators fuelled it and almost booed him themselves from inside the box. It wasn't until they interviewed him post-game one day did they realise that he's a fantastic human being and in no way deserved the vitriol he copped. I remember watching their reaction to it - especially Ling.

I don't care about booing and I think it would galvanise TT and the North group, but It still infuriates me when I reflect on how LT was treated.

This.

LT got booed all the time. No one gave a s**t except North fans.

There were parts of his career where the commentators fuelled it and almost booed him themselves from inside the box. It wasn't until they interviewed him post-game one day did they realise that he's a fantastic human being and in no way deserved the vitriol he copped. I remember watching their reaction to it - especially Ling.

I don't care about booing and I think it would galvanise TT and the North group, but It still infuriates me when I reflect on how LT was treated.
We had one or two people booing LT from this very forum.

This.

LT got booed all the time. No one gave a s**t except North fans.

This is spot on. Basically for doing exactly what Selwood did every week and never got booed. Was just before the Goodes booing. Noone gave a shit about LT though. Boomer was also booed pretty much every week. I remember Ling pretty much frothing at the mouth in the comm box at the time and saying he deserved to get booed. Then a couple of years later anyone who booed Goodes was a racist.

TT was played off HB in the first half in the vfl and looked very rusty/slow/fumbly. Shifted into the middle in the third and still struggled. His fourth quarter was something else though. Clean, composed, used the ball with utter class and won 11 (maybe 12) disposals for the last quarter to finish with 18 disposals.

Needs another 2-3 weeks before afl consideration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How was his general attitude?

It looked like he was a bit wary early but got more and more involved as the game went. He looked like he was doing his best to be involved with his teammates, a lot of communication both verbally and physically (supportive) and there didn't really look like any dramas with the other guys on the team.

This is spot on. Basically for doing exactly what Selwood did every week and never got booed. Was just before the Goodes booing. Noone gave a s**t about LT though. Boomer was also booed pretty much every week. I remember Ling pretty much frothing at the mouth in the comm box at the time and saying he deserved to get booed. Then a couple of years later anyone who booed Goodes was a racist.
I remember Goodes not saying a word about the treatment LT copped. That's why he is a fraud. He only cared about himself and didn't want to upset the Sydney supporters who hated LT with a passion.

TT was played off HB in the first half in the vfl and looked very rusty/slow/fumbly. Shifted into the middle in the third and still struggled. His fourth quarter was something else though. Clean, composed, used the ball with utter class and won 11 (maybe 12) disposals for the last quarter to finish with 18 disposals.

Needs another 2-3 weeks before afl consideration.
Yeah he looked like he struggled with the game until the third quarter. The he started working his way back into it. Dominated the last quarter. He's gotta play in the middle too, at least for some rotations. Is just all over it in there. In the last quarter he looked so far above the level it isn't funny.

I remember Goodes not saying a word about the treatment LT copped. That's why he is a fraud. He only cared about himself and didn't want to upset the Sydney supporters who hated LT with a passion.
Not to mention the AFL media who pretty much endorsed the booing of Lindsay , eg. He brings on himself by ducking/staging etc. was the typical narrative around that time. Then two years later they were decrying the booing of Goodes. Ostensibly for the same reason as Goodes according to many who chose to boo him. A claim I found somewhat dubious as he certainly ducked/staged a lot less than Lindsay did.

Yeah he looked like he struggled with the game until the third quarter. The he started working his way back into it. Dominated the last quarter. He's gotta play in the middle too, at least for some rotations. Is just all over it in there. In the last quarter he looked so far above the level it isn't funny.

He really did. And it's nice to post in this thread and be able to comment on how he played rather than "other non-footy stuff".

This is spot on. Basically for doing exactly what Selwood did every week and never got booed. Was just before the Goodes booing. Noone gave a s**t about LT though. Boomer was also booed pretty much every week. I remember Ling pretty much frothing at the mouth in the comm box at the time and saying he deserved to get booed. Then a couple of years later anyone who booed Goodes was a racist.
Goodes was booed because he was a massive knob, not because he was indigenous.

People liked to call it out as racially driven but 90-95% of the booing came from people who thought he was a bellend and nothing to do with his indigenous heritage. Of course there was a small element of racism because racism will never disappear.

Anyone that is given an award like Australian of the Year and then hangs shit on the country is a ****wit of the highest order.

He wanted to push an agenda and never looked at his own behaviour and took any ownership for the part he played by trying to paint everyone as a racist.

People liked to call it out as racially driven but 90-95% of the booing came from people who thought he was a bellend and nothing to do with his indigenous heritage. Of course there was a small element of racism because racism will never disappear.

Anyone that is given an award like Australian of the Year and then hangs s*t on the country is a ****** of the highest order.

He wanted to push an agenda and never looked at his own behaviour and took any ownership for the part he played by trying to paint everyone as a racist.
****en white campaigners hey...

Anyone that is given an award like Australian of the Year and then hangs s*t on the country is a ****** of the highest order.

Yeah he should have known his place eh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back