Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part II] - will honor his contract and play on at NMFC in 2024, so says the reality TV manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We did, but I think we paid him out - I’m distinctly underwhelmed by the idea of paying out the reported $1mill for the last 2 years on Tarryn’s deal

Maybe TT could temporarily ”retire” and we could find him a job maybe working the corporate boxes or conducting night club tours. I’m sure it’s been done before.

95% this is how it will play out.

TT is performance managed out of the club. Most likely with a million dollar handshake.

Gets picked up by Geelong in supplementary draft.

Becomes All-Australian and top 5 in Brownlow.

Media become hysterical at what a wonderful caring and nurturing culture can do for players. Conversely, further proof that North have no idea about player welfare and should've gone to gold coast.

Bookmark it.

He’s acting like a petulant little child - mainly behind the keyboard.
Can’t believe Jy stuck his neck out and walked with him into the club with the media in Tarryn’s face. Only to make zero inroads.
23 isn’t 18.
Being a decent human doesn’t cost much. What the hell is his manager doing?

95% this is how it will play out.

TT is performance managed out of the club. Most likely with a million dollar handshake.

Gets picked up by Geelong in supplementary draft.

Becomes All-Australian and top 5 in Brownlow.

Media become hysterical at what a wonderful caring and nurturing culture can do for players. Conversely, further proof that North have no idea about player welfare and should've gone to gold coast.

Bookmark it.
For every Tyson Stengle there is a Jack Steven

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping I am wrong here but View attachment 1641369
Pretty much. From the outside looking in anyway.

Sometimes I wonder if it wasn't for the hawthorn stuff we would of got stuck in more to guide this young man over the past 6 months, instead of contracting it out. I mean clearly Clarkson is particularly limited in his contact - and if there was one guy who I would want walking beside me it would be him.

Pretty much. From the outside looking in anyway.

Sometimes I wonder if it wasn't for the hawthorn stuff we would of got stuck in more to guide this young man over the past 6 months, instead of contracting it out. I mean clearly Clarkson is particularly limited in his contact - and if there was one guy who I would want walking beside me it would be him.

Clarkson only deals with footballers.

Another weekend on the piss is definitely what this "professional athlete" needed.

Hilariously, it was probably Saturday night, i.e - He didn't even watch our game.

Yeah, look I've stayed out of most of this as I've been holding the 'fingers crossed, he'll work his way through' view. But his complete lack of buy-in to the club, which provides him remuneration of over 20x the average for his age, is the final straw for me. His team-mates have worked their collective arses off to achieve two huge results, and his only social media response is to perpetuate this juvenile gangsta bullshit. FFS.

I'm just so disappointed that he didn't even react to either of the wins. He's no longer one of us.

id rather back him in a bit longer to see if things turn and not throw away 1mil just yet
Yep - things are in process and their outcome will determine his fate, unless he 5hits in his own nest again any sooner.

Surely - if we do decide that there is nothing more that we can do to get TT back on track - there must be clauses in his contract that can result in termination without the need to pay him out.

Any other employment contract has them whether it is 3 strikes, bringing your employer into disrepute, etc.

Surely - if we do decide that there is nothing more that we can do to get TT back on track - there must be clauses in his contract that can result in termination without the need to pay him out.

Any other employment contract has them whether it is 3 strikes, bringing your employer into disrepute, etc.
Such an interesting question. What is the trigger point for dismissal and no payout? Does it exist? I don't know the terms of players contract so it is an interesting question.

It’s very sad that Tarryn seems set on blowing up whatever career he was set to have.

I guess it takes courage to be accountable and admit that if you keep finding yourself in trouble maybe you are the problem. It’s probably easier to sit around in a VIP booth at some shitty club full of first year uni students and say “yeah I played AFL and I could have been the man” rather than to take responsibility for his behaviour, actually work hard and improve himself as a man and a player and test himself against the best.

I really do believe people can change and for the good of Tarryn and everyone around him, I hope that he does but it seems like for whatever reason he seems resigned to the fact that it won’t happen here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back