Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part II] - will honor his contract and play on at NMFC in 2024, so says the reality TV manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct. I maintain he has engaged his life and potentially others in that video.

Whatever he engaged you said he absolutely endangered the lives of others when the only other vehicle in any of the video is another car on the dual carriageway with what looks like a barrier and massive median strip between them.

Incorrect. I've never nor would I ever show empathy for someone that has abused women.

Except tef.

Correct. I have zero tolerance for players who repeatedly stuff up off-field. Always will. In my opinion, modern day players shouldn't drink during the season. And they should never do illegal drugs (PEDs or otherwise).

That's your opinion and fair enough I guess.

Maybe there is something I’m missing here, maybe he is looking at changing management but he’s not actually doing anything.
That interview has been the smartest thing in months but (at least to me) sounds more like a club direction
Yeah i think he contacted the club and said "Sorry i ****ed up what do i do?"

I don't think he's checked out tho. Watch him carefully - the only time he looks happy is talking about our performances this year.

Don’t see how him turning it around at another club is good for North, especially if we have to pay him and we don’t get anything back.
We wouldn't release him for nothing but if paying some of his contract out and getting maybe a 2nd pick l would be all for it. He needs to get himself straighten out and maybe going interstate will help with this. No one wants to see a talent like his go to waste...

Tarryn Thomas, Gillon McLachlan message, Instagram driving video, clothing brand
www.heraldsun.com.au

North Melbourne’s troubled star Tarryn Thomas has claimed he is doing all he can to return to football as his latest social media post was labelled “a cry for help”.

Thomas was finalising a plan to return to North Melbourne as recently as last week but a bizarre and poorly timed social media post has again derailed his career.

Thomas is back to square one after posting on his private Instagram feed a photo of him driving down the highway with his legs on the centre console with the hashtag #livin#livingmybestlife chief executive Gillon McLachlan said on Wednesday that “Tarryn has got to make a decision about what he wants to do with his future”.

But the Roos will continue to work with their top-10 pick on his recovery, having stated that it “continues to assess Thomas’ progress towards meeting club and community expectations”.

Thomas said on Wednesday he was trying to change his behaviour ahead of an upcoming court case for threatening to distribute an intimate image.

He made the claim as he showcased the clothing brand of a personal training company in a private gym.

[PLAYERCARD]Tarryn Thomas[/PLAYERCARD]’ career remains under a cloud. Picture: Morgan Hancock/Getty
Tarryn Thomas’ career remains under a cloud. Picture: Morgan Hancock/Getty

“I am very desperate to get back to the game I love and playing with my best friends. I can’t wait to get back,” Thomas told Seven News.

“I am doing everything I can to get back and the club is helping me and directing me. There are a lot of people outside the club trying to get help and the club is doing an amazing job for me.”

McLachlan was quizzed on how many chances Thomas could receive and still stay in the AFL but said it was up to the 23-year-old to change his ways.

“I think it’s pretty clear from North Melbourne. I would echo it that Tarryn has got to make a decision about what he wants to do with his future,” he said.

“He either comes back into the community in the fold and delivers on AFL and club standards as well as community expectations or he won’t participate. I think North has said that. And I certainly agree with what their position is.

[PLAYERCARD]Tarryn Thomas[/PLAYERCARD] Instagram video.
Tarryn Thomas Instagram video.
[PLAYERCARD]Tarryn Thomas[/PLAYERCARD] leaves Broadmeadows Magistrates' Court. Picture: NCA NewsWire / David Geraghty
Tarryn Thomas leaves Broadmeadows Magistrates' Court. Picture: NCA NewsWire / David Geraghty

“I think it’s out of his hands at the moment until he actually shows that he’s willing to actually come back into the fold properly in a committed way.”
Former Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley said the Roos should continue to support Thomas off the field but was worried by what some commentators saw as the last straw.
“I saw the last post as a cry for help,” Buckley told SEN.

“He surely knows that he’s drawing attention to himself for the wrong reasons once more. And I think he needs a lot of care and a lot of support. But you don’t get a god given right to be a part of an AFL organisation.

“He’s got a lot of life to live beyond whatever his football career looks like. He’s got to make decisions for himself and for the people that love him based on that and I think North Melbourne are doing the right thing to help him do that.”

I don't think he's checked out tho. Watch him carefully - the only time he looks happy is talking about our performances this year.
That bit got me man, far out. You’re right, I don’t think he’s checked out either. Dudes gotta knuckle the F down!

Correct. I maintain he has engaged his life and potentially others in that video.

Incorrect. I've never nor would I ever show empathy for someone that has abused women.

Correct. I have zero tolerance for players who repeatedly stuff up off-field. Always will. In my opinion, modern day players shouldn't drink during the season. And they should never do illegal drugs (PEDs or otherwise).
Surely it’s time for you to be off polishing your halo. The rest of us obviously have a few more skeletons than you. And give it a rest you two. You have hijacked the thread with your skirmishing.

Not gunna lie, those words helped. There was an element of emotion and realisation that came through in my opinion.

We need actions though - suspending social accounts, staying in Melbourne, stop partying - that sort of stuff. I mean I don't know if he is already backing off the last one, but certainly the first two he isn't, and why go to Sydney for any other reason than to party anonymously...

Anyway, yes its just words, but the emotion did strike true even if it was something he was told to say.

****ing spot on.

Dude got his license suspended. Then drove on that suspended license. And now he's recklessly driving.

???

Hello? You don't think maybe you might get ****ed by the fist of the law if you get caught? That maybe right now isn't the time for more run ins with them?

Whatever he engaged you said he absolutely endangered the lives of others when the only other vehicle in any of the video is another car on the dual carriageway with what looks like a barrier and massive median strip between them.

Except tef.

That's your opinion and fair enough I guess.
Tef is one of the biggest pieces of shit I've ever come across. Doesn't mean he didn't have good football/non-footy related takes. I just always question why he's brought up on big footy so often, especially when he's been gone for so long now.

Not gunna lie, those words helped. There was an element of emotion and realisation that came through in my opinion.

We need actions though - suspending social accounts, staying in Melbourne, stop partying - that sort of stuff. I mean I don't know if he is already backing off the last one, but certainly the first two he isn't, and why go to Sydney for any other reason than to party anonymously...

Anyway, yes its just words, but the emotion did strike true even if it was something he was told to say.
I don’t mind him going out, it’s something we all did at his age
I may not like it but I can understand it, I just want a month where all I see about TT are how he has helped some underprivileged kids or has taken positive steps in his return to the club
Just no more f-ing dumb posts like that, show us North Fans those aren’t just hollow words, we all want you back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't help but notice a trend in who ferbs defends and who he doesn't though...

Also, there is seeing the best in people and there is making excuses for them. TT needs to face the consequences of his actions and acknowledge them. He isn't going to improve as a human if he doesn't. Based on this thread ferbs might as well be another 'yes man' groupie standing along with TT's other friends.
Yeah. Like the way i don't defend Clarko cos he's white? Is that what you're saying.

You don't like me cos I called you out for posting racist shit years ago. Frankly i thought you were a crypto nazi grooming people. Honestly I don't think that any more fwiw.

One thing i've constantly done in this thread is point when people's assumptions about TT don't stand up to my assessments of the situation and I say why. And I'd be more critical if I hadn't read stuff like you posting about him endangering others as he drives by himself down the highway. (Not just you but you contributed to it.) if I was speaking to him person to person I'd tell him to wake the **** up before he wishes he had and its too late. But there's probably a queue I'd have to join first.

Tef is one of the biggest pieces of s**t I've ever come across. Doesn't mean he didn't have good football/non-footy related takes. I just always question why he's brought up on big footy so often, especially when he's been gone for so long now.
Well that's very different to how I saw it but fair enough.

Frankly he's one person i wish was here during covid cos he does know more about biochemistry than most people I've met.

He was lying through his teeth in that interview, it couldn't have been more disingenuous. Every single one of his actions so far has directly contradicted his public statements.

Part of me thinks this is all deliberate to gain some form of notoriety for himself, regardless of whether its bad publicity or not. He wants to be famous outside of footy and not depend his fame on footy, it seems obvious that he's not all in on his career he has other more deluded intentions for success.

Yeah i think he contacted the club and said "Sorry i ****ed up what do i do?"

Thought he had checked out after seeing this interview
"...do my two years at North Melbourne." Sounded like he's in a prison sentence.
Everything that's happened since has only convinced me further.

Pretty typical body language for first nation people. Pretty sure not looking someone in the eye is often a sign of respect. ferball can you confirm?

Yes. Looking people in the eye, especially in serious discussions (even more so when you've ****ed up,) is basically the equivalent of picking a fight
I'm a bloody pendulum with TT. I read Ferbs POV and it makes me question my stance. Listening to TT I actually liked what I heard. If the statements about playing with his best mates, playing under AC and wearing his jumper at home then I'm going to cling to some hope that he can get his s**t together and get back to playing good football. He just needs to stop doing dumb s**t and stop now. I'm not prepared to cut him lose just yet.
I'd given up on him weeks ago. Mostly cos of reading this thread and people saying stuff that turns out isn't really accurate.

There's a massive feedback loop going on here that isn't healthy and at the same time TT deserves criticism and a kick up the arse for his behaviour. Finding the right balance between those things isn't easy.

Didn’t seem that remorseful. If anything it seemed like he was ready to laugh off the last chance ultimatum and did well in trying to stray from the topic by saying the club has been supporting him.

I don’t believe he meant to send it to one person.

I do believe he wants to play and puts his Guernsey on at home.

But none of that was convincing.

Thought he had checked out after seeing this interview
"...do my two years at North Melbourne." Sounded like he's in a prison sentence.
Everything that's happened since has only convinced me further.
So did I.

But that was with Noble just gone. The way he talked about the boys with Clarko coaching them tonight was different i reckon.

I've mostly stayed out of this but I guess why not properly weigh in.

For me, as I've stated a number of times, my primary concern is his health, wellbeing, and recovery, rather than falling further down a path that repeated stuff ups can take you down. I don't give a damn about the football side of things unlike most here. I get why you do though, that's not meant to be a go at anyone.

On the driving stuff, I say the following as someone who has honestly never been intentionally reckless on the road and is deeply affected when I see such behaviour on the road.

Odds are that one or more people criticising the driving aspect have done dangerous stuff on the road before. Tailgating that person going a little too slow for your liking, cutting that person off who you know is a little too close, etc. Having said that, he should 100% know from hereon in that driving like that is unacceptable and he should be very, very thankful no one was hurt.

At the same time, I see this behaviour as indicative of him not going well at all, and I totally get the comments that the social media persona he cultivates, particularly with this driving video, doesn't exactly scream "I'm completely reformed." Though I don't think it screams turf him out and lock the gate behind him, either.

Even if more (older) charges come and/or the current charges are true, there are very few crimes that you cannot atone for as a human being. I hope he knows that redemption is his choice.

It's clear that he's at the very least addicted to social media. I get it. I've seen a lot go through that in many forms. And he's obviously not making perfect choices at the moment.

He may have to hit rock bottom to turn this ship around and that may be losing his playing contract, I don't know. I hope that experts are making these calls and not fans.

If I could say anything to him, I just wish I could tell him that when you stuff up in life, you carry that guilt around forever. Even when you redeem yourself, there's still a little bit that gnaws at you 10 years later that shames you a little bit. But it gets better the longer you have been trying your hardest to be the best you can be. I just hope that in 10 years time it is just that, a small nagging guilt/cringe/shame about his actions but otherwise having lived a productive and happy life, rather than humongous regret about what could have been with his career.

Goodness that is a long winded way to say you give a shit about people.
And I can say yeah TMB did check in on me as well as others did when my personal world turned to shite. As i was angry as heck during our covid lockdown.

Much respect for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back