Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was a great journo but I've never seen the automatic connection to being a recruiting mastermind.

It's hard to know either way how she's going at GWS as they're constantly playing with a loaded deck.

Go read her pre draft summary of Jack Ziebell.

It is just astounding.

He's averaging 20 disposals, 1.2 goals and 0.7 GA's a games. He kicks the ball twice as much as he handballs, is providing serious run and carry and is slotting goals on the run from 50m with regularity. If he stagnated at these numbers we've got a bloody good player, but if there is an incremental increase across the next 3-4 seasons he'll be close to the most damaging player in the comp. He looks as likely as anybody to be a 35 goal a year midfielder which is just so unbelievably helpful to the team. On top of all that offensive impact he never misses tackles and is starting to work hard both ways.

It's a little bit more than helpful.

Gablett Jnr is pretty much one of the few 1.5+ goal per game midfielders in the last 25 years and he did it 3 times.

He won the Brownlow in 2 of those years.

Go read her pre draft summary of Jack Ziebell.

It is just astounding.

I remember. Inside Football also had a draft profile that was very close to the mark.

She's great at what she did but presenting well thought out content on draftees to actually identifying prospects and risking a club's selections on your research and hunches are different trades. Emma didn't pick out random footballers in country leagues for her books, she wrote about kids others had identified.

For what it's worth she made just as many bloopers as anyone else but at least did it with her own judgement. For instance she was big on us drafting Mitch Hallahan to team up with Ziebell and Cunnington but that's not recalled as quickly.

She's held a gig at GWS for a little while now so hopefully she happens to have a knack for that side of the game regardless.

then I must be a better judge than all of them; saw TT in the Academy game against Werribee (with Preuss, Hibberd, Durdin etc playing from the North list) as a curtain raiser at the MCG - he was silk, never got caught with the ball, and made Durdin look a bit foolish on one occasion in the goal square. clearly a top quality prospect in that game

I went to that game, buying a ticket, even though I had to leave early before we played the dees. I didn’t see it from Thomas in that game at all. He did some nice things in tight but didn’t get any easy ball or do much of note from what I saw.

He's averaging 20 disposals, 1.2 goals and 0.7 GA's a games. He kicks the ball twice as much as he handballs, is providing serious run and carry and is slotting goals on the run from 50m with regularity. If he stagnated at these numbers we've got a bloody good player, but if there is an incremental increase across the next 3-4 seasons he'll be close to the most damaging player in the comp. He looks as likely as anybody to be a 35 goal a year midfielder which is just so unbelievably helpful to the team. On top of all that offensive impact he never misses tackles and is starting to work hard both ways.
Yeah, since the bye he has gone mental.

20.5 touches, 9.6 contested, 3.4 clearances, 3.5 tackles, 1 goal assist, 6.6 score involvements, 425 meters gained.

Kid is going to be an absolute machine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ch9 reporter.

I doubt it's a pisstake
He repeated it on the news.

On the other hand, they also reported on Carleton's humiliating loss to bottom placed North Melbourne and mentioned that the review into David Teague's position is now getting serious, name checking "Graham" (Geoff) Walsh as they showed footage of him outside some footy ground with a sign reading IKON PARK.

At least Chompers corrected the name of Geoff when he recapped after the cross back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back