Player Watch #27 Justin McInerney

Remove this Banner Ad

15SyMe20IH577779022.JPG

Justin McInerney
Sydney Swans youngster Justin McInerney is lightning-quick, an endurance machine and a clean user of the footy who’s best used on a wing or at half-back. The Northern Knights product was called up for his AFL debut against Melbourne at the SCG in Round 4, 2019, and although he wouldn’t feature at the top level again in his first year at the club, he was a stand-out in the NEAFL. McInerney is eyeing more opportunities at senior level in 2020.

Justin McInerney
DOB: 18 August 2000
DEBUT: 2019
DRAFT: #44, 2018 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Banyule (Vic)/Marcellin College (Vic)/Northern U18

100% PCL looking at the mechanism. You don't do an ACL falling on your knee

Yep will depend on the grade lower end it’s no big deal it’s 5 weeks before the first final

If he's still got bad swelling then might be higher end if not a full tear

Swelling actually doesn't usually determine a lot on knee injuries, can be purely from the impact when the knee hit the ground.

I did a grade to strain to my PCL and it didn't swell at all (affected me for nearly 6 months after I continued training with it).

I did a grade one strain to my LCL in opposite leg, thing went up like a balloon but I was fully operational about 5 weeks later and able to walk on it the next day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did a full pcl and was back playing at around the 8 week mark due to finals. In hindsight I shouldn’t have.
Hardest bit is establishing confidence in it again. It feels unstable, you shit yourself jumping and landing and the thought of someone giving you a Hannebery 2016 grand final is terrifying.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #27 Justin McInerney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back