Autopsy Swans by 27 over GWS the 2nd quarter to be watched ad infinitum

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the commentators called James Rowbottom a B Grader. That so called B Grader went head to head with Tom Green & equalled the ledger. So, in the case Green must be a B Grader lol. What's more, Green got most of his ball on the outside, not inside. Rowie stitched him up at clearances & stoppages. Rowie was sensational yesterday. They tried to the Chad out, so Longmire put him forward & he kicks two lol. Then he goes back in & destroys Bedford.

Errol is a freak. Some of those passes were just divine. He had 22 @ 100% at one stage. His style is so relaxed and beautiful to watch. It is like the lyric to a great song, a poem by Coleridge or a Monet painting. It is a movement of beauty. There are 22+1 in every side though & every player played their role. Some of the most prominent were McInerney, Lloyd, McLean, Hayward, Paps, Heens, Rowie. The whole team really. I am so Happy for Cleary, one kick, one goal. Sensational. He also put on some great pressure that caused a turnover on the wing that led to a goal. Great stuff. Well done young man. Good debut. Plenty to work with there for Horse.

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

labelling rowbottom a "b-grader" says more about the ignorance of the commentator than anything else
rowbottom is an elite footballer, best on ground last night even compared to another gulden "special"
what rowbottom does, week after week after week, allows gulden, warner, heeney et al to run amok and carve up opposition teams, and last night he did a fair bit of carving himself

labelling rowbottom a "b-grader" says more about the ignorance of the commentator than anything else
rowbottom is an elite footballer, best on ground last night even compared to another gulden "special"
what rowbottom does, week after week after week, allows gulden, warner, heeney et al to run amok and carve up opposition teams, and last night he did a fair bit of carving himself
Someone should poll the players and ask them to rate the commentators.

Not sure there’s an A-grader in the AFL (A-grader = a Richie Benaud, or an Isa Guha equivalent).

Fun to see how BT would react to being deemed an F grader.

It almost feels like we need a loss as crazy as that sounds. 3 wins clear, pressure mounts more and more each week that goes by.

A loss would kind of give us a reset, make us look beatable and we can then still carry on our merry way
If that’s the case, I nominate Rd 23 vs Crows, after we’ve finished the season five games clear on top of the ladder.

Just the reality check we’ll need.

Seriously?
It was Alistair Lynch. What he meant was that Rowbotham wasn't at the Guilden/Warner/Heeney level. As soon as he said it you could tell he was thinking, hmm that didn't come out the way I meant. And the other commentators ribbed him about it for the next 10 minutes

It was Alistair Lynch. What he meant was that Rowbotham wasn't at the Guilden/Warner/Heeney level. As soon as he said it you could tell he was thinking, hmm that didn't come out the way I meant. And the other commentators ribbed him about it for the next 10 minutes
Cool. I don’t think Lynch is a dick so I’ll let that one pass.

Lynch's comment to me was just emblematic of the media's whole ethos, which is that everything has to be in tiers and boxes and labels and narratives. If it wasn't him who said it it would've been someone else, because Rowbottom dominating didn't fit the narrative they had going into the game. (And even after he was a clear top 2 player on the ground, they still found a way to show their graphic tracking the "big three.")

But it was just an unnecessary thing to say as it should be possible to talk about and praise someone's game without comparing them to others.

Rowbottom is elite. I don't think he can do some of the stuff that Heeney, Warner and Gulden do, but I also don't think they can do some of the stuff Rowbottom does. Who really cares what the media thinks. I doubt Rowbottom does.

I dont think Lynch meant anything negative by it.

Depends what your gradings are I guess, eg might say the top 10 in the comp are your A graders .

But take say Merrett , to me Rowbottom is better but media would never say that .

Depends what your gradings are I guess, eg might say the top 10 in the comp are your A graders .

But take say Merrett , to me Rowbottom is better but media would never say that .
Yeah sounds to me he just chose his words poorly.

Who among us can honestly say they spaniel crank Athens?

Yeah I don't know if there is a precise definition of the term A Grader.

I am always reminded of the draft and trade hypothetical threads of previous years. There was always an urgency to get rid of particular players and trade in more A Graders.

Elite are your teams best

A graders are what you call the guys in your teams who are great and others don't rate. Plus other teams good players you reluctantly rate.

B Grader is a term for another teams good midfielder but your friend or a flog from
another team thinks they are a permanent All Australian, so you call them a B grader to talk them down.

C grader is what you call the guy in your team who randomly carved up a friends team to ram home how shit their side is, or the player in your own team you wish would get dropped. Otherwise they are media darlings from other club

D Graders play 200 games and captain the Saints.

A graders are what you call the guys in your teams who are great and others don't rate. Plus other teams good players you reluctantly rate.

B Grader is a term for another teams good midfielder but your friend or a flog from
another team thinks they are a permanent All Australian, so you call them a B grader to talk them down.

C grader is what you call the guy in your team who randomly carved up a friends team to ram home how shit their side is, or the player in your own team you wish would get dropped. Otherwise they are media darlings from other club

Can’t disagree with a single word.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought a B mark is acceptable for Rowbottom overall career.

Exceptional 2024 tho

Or Norf. McDonald.!!!

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

How do we get Campbell to the level we all know he can get to? He’s got Dylan Stephens vibes at the moment. He’s got the tools but either doesn’t have the role or the confidence.
Is it possible he’s a bust and he’s never going to be what we all wanted?

VFL stats are not relevant to how a player will perform at senior level. Corey Warner is a classic example of this.

Corey Warner has kicked 1.4 from 28 disposals over five games at AFL level mainly played as a small forward.
I hope I am wrong but Corey looks like one of those players who cannot adjust to the pace of AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans by 27 over GWS the 2nd quarter to be watched ad infinitum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back